Need help identifying a hose (1FZ-FE) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, recently I've been having a high pitch sound coming from the engine bay. Turns out its a resonant sound coming from a hose that looks like it goes from the intake manifold to the engine header. You guys might know what it is, it's not abundantly obvious to me, and I haven't seen any hoses that match it on DeltaVS or Wits-end website.

PXL_20201215_211212660.jpg

That hose is going from your intake manifold to the PCV on the valve cover (Positive Crankcase Valve).

If you've located the noise to the PCV valve/line you could pull the PCV valve and check to see if it's blocked/functioning.

Yeah, that would be the kit if you are looking to replace the PCV valve/grommet and hoses.

Just for more information, when the engine is near idle is the only time it makes this noise. When I grab the hose close to the crankcase end, it feels like the hose is mildly collapsed under the intake pressure, which is what leads me to believe the hose has been compromised - but that's based off of my very little knowledge of this motor.

Be careful removing the rubber grommet. They get dry and brittle, you don't want pieces falling into the valve cover.

If the grommet is hard/old rubber it will disintegrate, so expect some pieces to fall into the valve cover. They only drop about an inch however as the oil baffle box is under the PCV valve and grommet. A small pair of needle nose pliers with long narrow tips can be used to pick the pieces out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom