Need help from transfer case rebuilders, real stupid mistake. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I took pictures of everything as I disasembled the transfer case. I had a hard time so there were many pictures. Well apparently in my frustration and confusion I forgot to take pictures of the last part of the tear down which was the Rear Output Shaft. Of course the most complicated part. So, here I sit with a FSM, which I must say is little help. I think I can put it together if some experienced someone can tell me the proper bearings for the front and rear of the Rear Output Shaft. They are different sizes, but both will fit. I have the Koyo bearings from the TK5 kit, Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.

Hey saucer, I just finished rebuilding my Tcase, though I don’t remember which bearing went where, there is two great YouTube videos on rebuilding the cases, if you haven’t seen them yet, that pretty much walk it through step by step and I think they mention which bearings go where. One is by Georg from cruiser brother and the other is by OTRAMM YouTube channel, they were both incredibly helpful to me. Good luck on the swap!

Thanks fellas. I watched the video again for the both time and gleaned what I needed. What is a slinger for the front bearing? I don't see one in the FSM, nor do I see one in either video.

Part ID 36119B, lower left of diagram. Receiver, Transfer Oil, No.2 - Part Number 36119-60030.
1587401775269.png

There was not one of those on my transfer case. I don’t have any left over parts. Its not in any of my pictures. In my FSM it is also missing from the picture. The FSM is good but for this rebuild it has been no roadmap. Think I should order one? It’s not too late I guess.

There was not one of those on my transfer case. I don’t have any left over parts. Its not in any of my pictures. In my FSM it is also missing from the picture. The FSM is good but for this rebuild it has been no roadmap. Think I should order one? It’s not too late I guess.
It can be added. Was added to FJ60 transfer cases in 11/84 and carried through the FJ62s. $3.58 from toyotapartsdeal.com.

Well the price is right. For whatever reason my 3FE FSM has no picture of it, nor mention of it. According to the picture it looks like it goes on the shaft in front of the bearing and behind the seal. I can add it before re-installing the Trans/Transfer.

Well the price is right. For whatever reason my 3FE FSM has no picture of it, nor mention of it. According to the picture it looks like it goes on the shaft in front of the bearing and behind the seal. I can add it before re-installing the Trans/Transfer.
IIRC it'll fit right in there.

The slingers weren't supplied until 85. We add them to all of the earlier cases but they're not essential.

Happy to help if you need more info.

Georg

Georg, you da man. If I can pull this transmission switch off successfully then anyone can. Thanks for your help and for being an awesome Cruiser supporter.

Georg, you da man. If I can pull this transmission switch off successfully then anyone can. Thanks for your help and for being an awesome Cruiser supporter.
Anytime bud, thanks for the kind words and support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom