Need help from the Gurus carb/EFI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a carbed 3F and am thinking on swapping the carb for the EFI from a 62FE I hate the carb and like the smoothness of a injected 3FE.

Question what parts are required to make the swap other than the the intake and hardware that is on the manifold , is there computer parts ECUs or relays under the dash that are needed or is everything on the manifold.
Is there other hardware like polution control devices that are on the 3FE and not on a 3F.
I have done some searching and have both vehicles sitting in my driveway but I am starting to confuse myself on this swap hopefully someone can give me the simple laymans version for this swap.

You will most likely need the a wiring harness for the EFI setup and ecu for sure.

There is also the possibility of putting on GM TBI which is super easy (less complicated than the Toyota EFI) and reliable. Parts are everywhere in the States, don't know about BC.

There is also the possibility of putting on GM TBI which is super easy (less complicated than the Toyota EFI) and reliable. Parts are everywhere in the States, don't know about BC.

The possibility exists that that conversion will not be street legal in his area tho. I am not positive about that tho..

Having done a EFI swap on a 22r I recommend using the entire wire harness from headlamp to tail lamp. The easiest one I have done is having both vehicles side by side and swap everything.

If you have a 3f head, you're ok, but the 2f intake ports don't match the 3fe manifold...
the injectors won't fit in.
t

Relays, air cleaner, EGR, throttle cable, VSVs, and lots of other stuff. I think if you follow the 2FE threads you will be getting real close. Best would be to have a donor FJ62 so you could grab all the parts you need as you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom