Need help finding an oil filter please. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long story. I've got a Canadian Long Wheelbase Samurai with a Toyota 2L and all the associated running gear. The side engine (passenger side) plate that circulates water to help cool the engine broke. Well, we couldn't find an original one. So, we found one that fit from a 2LTII. Now I have a different oil filter and I cant find one. I've been told its a 24mm with a .15 thread pitch. Can anyone here that's familiar tell me WHAT car/truck I need to look search for to get the correct oil filter?

Thanks in advance. Here is a pic of the truck in question.

3828567781_8e48c0c78d_o.jpg

4354236990_f604427a6c_o.jpg

Can't help with the filter, but I really like the Sami!

Is the filter for a 2L or 2LT11 engine? The 2L engine was used in Hilux and Hiace , Crown, Dyna, Toyoace and some light duty landcruisers.
Part number 15600-41010, try putting the part number into google.
THE 2LT11 is used in the light duty landcruiser, badged as Prado ,Landcruiser11 and Bundeera. And the Hilux Surf
Parts diagram are saying the 2LT uses the same filter 15600-41010,I haven't found a listing for the 2LT11
I did find a reference to this filter for a 2LTII 90915-30002. Apparently its bigger.
A few mentions if you google 90915-30002

Edit ,I knew this cross referenced with something really common. It carries the same part number as the 1HZ ,1HD T etc. I use the Ryco Z334 on my landcruiser 1HZ.
If this is what you need ,it is one of the easiest to obtain Toyota diesel filters.

Last edited:
Thanks Rosco. I need a filter for a 2LTII. The original filter was a side mount. The new plate from the Prado makes the oil filter a vertical mount. My engine is a 2L from a Hylux. The passenger side plate tat circulated water to cool the oil cracked and we couldnt get an original. The side plate from a 2LTII fit just fine, but the filter is different so I dont have one.

Hey Rosco, where can I buy a few of those. Everything I google takes me to Australia!!!!!

I believe the American Toyota dealers will stock some 1HZ filters etc. Try Beno ,mud member ,he works there I think. Some of the 1HZ 1HDT owners in the US may also know how to source them locally.

I bought one today. It has 24 stampwd near the thread. Overall it is about 121mm long and 110mm in diameter

14773098726041372691729.jpg

After you find your oil filter, are you going o put a turbo on hat gutless 2l?

The picture with all the detail, did he seller give this to you with the truck. If so, thats a handy pic to have for a super custom sami.

I have seen this same truck years ago online. I think my buddy had a picture of your truck as a screen caver for years.

I'm the second owner of the Truck. It was stock when I got it. Say, just like this: LOL I wont say I did most of the work, but with really good friends I got it done. The Samy and I have just been out of commission for a while. Ill be wheeling it hard this summer. As far as the turbo, sure Id like to but at the some time I dont want to complicate things. It go's fine up to 55 mph. I dont need to go faster than that.

30433894182_80497c8e0d_o.jpg

I'm the second owner of the Truck. It was stock when I got it. Say, just like this: LOL I wont say I did most of the work, but with really good friends I got it done. The Samy and I have just been out of commission for a while. Ill be wheeling it hard this summer. As far as the turbo, sure Id like to but at the some time I dont want to complicate things. It go's fine up to 55 mph. I dont need to go faster than that.

30433894182_80497c8e0d_o.jpg

Yes you do.

Well, maybe you do. I dont. Every road around my house is a 35-50 mph road. Im fine there.

Hmm, I think I talked to you about buying your sammy years back. I thought you had sold it.

As for finding your filter, use this site to cross-reference oil filters. I wouldn't buy one blindly but rather print the list out and go down to your local auto parts store.

Oil filter cross reference

There is a sh*t load of them there under the cross reference. One of them is good to remember and that is Yanmar. They use Toyota 6 cyl turbo diesels and convert them to marine use but they still use the same filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom