Wanted Need Fuel Tank for 74 FJ40. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need a fuel tank for a 1974 FJ40 (with return line). Prefer to pick up locally in So Cal. Can anyone help?

got one here in MT also, if needed. Paul

Pretty sure I've got one or two in Burbank, CA.

Back in the hunt for this gas tank. Mark... should I give you a call in Burbank still? Anyone else that can help?
e.

I've got one that I think came from a 72 FJ40. It just has one return outlet line. It's in nice shape, and I sprayed zero rust on the bottom side where the original black paint came off. It only had surface rust where the three original fabric space pads were, and it still has the sending unit in place (not sure if it works). I need $75 plus shipping from 75057 (DFW area).

I think I need to have the double return for mine. If someone knows different please say so. Any others out there? I'm in SO CAL. Thanks.
e.

brandxmgmt said:
Back in the hunt for this gas tank. Mark... should I give you a call in Burbank still? Anyone else that can help?
e.

Puter is at home, tanks are at the shop, so...........by the time I get there, I don't remember everything I'm supposed to check. So calling the shop is definitely a good idea.;)

Back in the hunt once again....

I bought a tank from someone off here... but the thing was full of rust. Need one ASAP in the LA area. Please let me know if you can help. Going to trash the other. Rust seems to not work for me. Go figure. Can you help?
Best,
E.

mail sent to you Crockett

very interested... mail sent to you Crockett

brandxmgmt said:
I bought a tank from someone off here... but the thing was full of rust. Need one ASAP in the LA area. Please let me know if you can help. Going to trash the other. Rust seems to not work for me. Go figure. Can you help?
Best,
E.
Most radiator shops can clean these out and apply a sealer inside to kill the rust.

If you are still looking, I have one in great shape for a 1974 (manufactured nov. 1973 I think) It has the two lines and I'm pretty sure it isn't too rusty, it was from a vehicle that had a frame off about 10 years ago.

I am in the High Desert area (2hr drive for you), price is $150 with sending unit and lines. If interested, shoot me a PM. Otherwise, it will be on ebay next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom