Need Front Bumper Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

Had a small fender bender in my 08 LC and am using the opportunity to upgrade the front bumper. Would like to keep parking sensors and headlight washers working but other than that am open to any option. What would you all suggest/stay away from?

Thanks

IMG_3571[1].JPG

Check with James at RLC. He's in your state, in Louisville. No idea if he'd be up for it, and you'd have to lend him your truck for fitting, but it'd be really cool if he made a front bumper. Awesome guy, custom everything, and reasonable prices. That being said i know he's only made 200 rear bumpers, so no idea if he'd be up for the front project anyways.

Otherwise Dissent in Grass Valley CA....but youd have to drive there for install as i don't believe he's shipping

ARB and Metaltech would be easier, but not too exciting.

maybe check with Slee if they can get a TJM T13 in?

I'd go with the TJM T13. The included filler panels make it where you don't have to reuse any of your damaged bumper cover. It also looks like your grille and the grille/headlight support may be damaged, so you may need more parts than just the bumper.

Insurance is replacing everything on the front end I am just using the $ for the oem bumper to go with an upgrade. Thanks for the TJM suggestion as the filler panels on the original cover could have caused problems.

Someone here just confirmed delivery of at least one T13 via Slee a week or so ago, I believe... Call them and see.

The only downside to TJM T13 (mine is serving me extremely well) is availability. TJM just can’t seem to get their supply line together. But man I have beat on this thing and it is tough as nails.

Not only is it a full replacement (no plastic bumper cuts necessary), but it comes with surprisingly nice LED fogs, and very nice LED indicators including white running lights, and nice looking grid of yellow indicators...plus all the wiring harness stuff needed for install. A bargain compared to ARB, in part, because ARB charges fogs, etc as add-ons.

Last edited:
Dissent off-road is my favorite but I think you actually have to go there to get one and not even that is guaranteed from what I gather. Rhino4x4 is my next choice, but that's about 6k I think. Next would be the TJM T13 and even that is hard to get. Good luck and let us know which one you settle on.

If you post about what your priorities are....you’ll get more useful answers.

-Do you value approach angle most?
-Light weight...or do you need strength more?
-Animal strike protection a priority? (Bull bar)
-Just want it for winch mounting?
-Subtle, less obvious look, or boldly built look?

All of these considerations matter because some are all looks (Viper 4x4)...some are legit critter protection (ARB Deluxe, TJM T13)...other priorities clean lines...etc.

Talk about what you want/need/wish for and you’ll get better advice. We all have favorites, but we also all have different needs and reasons for our favorites that almost surely differ from yours.

Last edited:
Trail Taylor hidden winch mount, reinstall existing bumper place insurance $ in your pocket along with the savings in fuel from not having additional weight/ drag?

TJM T13 have been "spotted" shipping throughout the states in the past couple of weeks. I'd hit up Slee or Cruiser Parts to see if any of them remain available.

Trail Taylor hidden winch mount, reinstall existing bumper place insurance $ in your pocket along with the savings in fuel from not having additional weight/ drag?

I've never seen those until just now... But I'm seriously thinking about getting one. Thanks man!

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I ended up going with the TJM T13 as I did not have to use any of my current bumper which is pretty badly damaged. Was hard to find but I got the last one (so I'm told) currently in the US. Will post a pic of the finished product once it comes in and all work is done.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I ended up going with the TJM T13 as I did not have to use any of my current bumper which is pretty badly damaged. Was hard to find but I got the last one (so I'm told) currently in the US. Will post a pic of the finished product once it comes in and all work is done.

Congrats on finding a T13!
I had to wait nearly 6 months for mine a few years ago...

Good find
Hey Guys,

Solid choice going with a TJM (or ARB)

We have a factory aluminum crush bar that takes the impact and fails, saving the frame horns in 21-34 mph collisions. The most common in the US.

Doesn’t matter who makes it, you replace that crush bar with a solid piece of 3/16” or 1/4” steel and have a fender bender, your bumper will win and the frame will loose.

Just seams ridiculous to me to move the failure point to the $15,000 frame.

TJM and ARB have nice big crush cans to save the frame in those common impacts.

Now just wheeling around, slamming hard on rocks at 5 mph. No issues with all aftermakets bars. Hitting something at highway speed? Doesn’t maker, frame is going down anyway.

But it does make a difference at those 21-34 mph impacts. If that matter to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom