1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need flex help

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by FJ40Dude75, Nov 15, 2003.

1. FJ40Dude75

FJ40Dude75

just got back from wheelin and I need more flex or something I have a 5" pinnical lift any one have some ideas for some flex? I still like to drive on the road but I need to do something I was thinking sr and revolver shackles for droop what do you guys think? :-\

2. Archengine

Archengine

Well, for starters, any 5 inch lift springs are going to ride roughly. I use 2.5 in springs and 1.5 lift shackles to get 4 inches, just right for a little trimming and 35s. I had to soften mine up aswell. Make sure the springs aren't rusted together, and that there are some liners to reduce friction. I like teflon myself. Next check that none of your spring eye bolts are overly tightened. While your at it, grease the bushings with some high quality synthetic grease. Make sure your shocks are in good shape. Try removing them and seeing if that helps, but don't drive that way for long. I would suggest removing one or two springs, depending on how much lift you can sacrifice. If this doesn't help, get new springs!

3. FJ40Dude75

FJ40Dude75

my lift is only about a year old so there isn't any rust and it has pads between the springs I pulled out the spring clamp bolts but maybe Ill try taking some leaves out any other suggestions?

4. phlyfish

phlyfish

I would start by opening up the little cage that wraps around the sping. When I did this to mine they flexed a ton more.

5. FJ40Dude75

FJ40Dude75

mine doesn't wrap around it had bolts threw

6. rocrawler

rocrawler

Make sure your shocks aren't bottoming out.