Need Exhaust Diagram for my '78 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Y'all,

I can't find my FSM and I need a diagram of the exhaust routing.

Anyone have one handy they can post or link to? It's a '78 45 long base pick-up.

Also, has anyone rerouted their exhaust pipe through the pto shaft channel to get the pipe up out of the way? Did you find a heat problem from the pipe being closer to the floor?

The few muffler places that still bend pipe need to see the truck and since the muffler fell off and got run over :mad:, I am unable to put it back on to drive all over town.

I can't seemto find any vendors that sell the pieces for the system, so I need the custom bending.

Can't see why routing the exhaust above the skid plate would be anymore of a problem with heat than in a FJ40 which most are run above the skid plate after smashing the stock one below the skid plate. At one time I even had the exhaust run above the skid plate with PTO winch. Was really to close of a fit to the PTO and it shows sign of the housing starting to melt.

SOR.com should have a diagram of the 63-67 FJ45LP-B exhaust. Probably pretty close to what you have in a 78 if your tail pipe was routed out the back on the left side. No CAT right?

I've got the original off my 78. I'd like to keep it but you are welcome to take it to a shop to copy. I'd test fit it first though - so you know it will fit.

201457075.jpg
201457075.jpg

I've only got the front section tho - the tail pipe was not there when I bought it.

Or... you could slap mine on there and drive to the shop if you want custom above the skid plate. I plan to go over the skidplate as well

Thanks for the offer Kevin, and the diagram.

I have the front piece, albeit it is a little flat on the bottom.

LITP, thanks for the thumbs up on over the skid plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom