Need Easy to Install Good Replacement Headlights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just did a search in here on replacement headlights for an FJ80 (mine is 1993)
Seems like there is a lot of converting going on. Are there any good options for good new headlights, maybe HID, that go right into the truck? I need the headlight and the extra 3rd light that i dont know what to call. I suppose an all in one would do the trick.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Do you need the actual headlight housings, or just the bulbs ? If you just need bulbs your not going to do better than a set of HIR's for $100 from candlepower.com. At least not for the money. The conversion is simple, just a minor trimming of the plastic around the bulb, takes about 5 minutes.

Do you need the actual headlight housings, or just the bulbs ? If you just need bulbs your not going to do better than a set of HIR's for $100 from candlepower.com. At least not for the money. The conversion is simple, just a minor trimming of the plastic around the bulb, takes about 5 minutes.
I need the whole housing including the yellow 3rd lights.

I bought new OEM housings for the headlights (low beam and high beam), installed whatever bulbs Slee Off Road had at the time, and installed the headlight wiring harness from Slee. I am super happy with the light that this set up throws, especially with the high beams on.

The "parking lamps" that are yellow/orange and sit outboard of the headlights (at least on the US spec stuff) is a separate housing from the headlights. I think OEM is going to be your only option for those.

The "parking lamps" that are yellow/orange and sit outboard of the headlights (at least on the US spec stuff) is a separate housing from the headlights. I think OEM is going to be your only option for those.

Nah, DEPO offers those and the front turn signals.

In a ricey clear lens.

You could tint them back to orange maybe.

Clear Depo Turns

If you want the clear DEPO outboard turn signals I have a set that was on my 93 when I got it so I know they are plug and play as well as the clear lower (below the headlight) lenses you can have cheap. They are in a pile of unused car parts sucking up real estate in my basement.

If you want the clear DEPO outboard turn signals I have a set that was on my 93 when I got it so I know they are plug and play as well as the clear lower (below the headlight) lenses you can have cheap. They are in a pile of unused car parts sucking up real estate in my basement.

Are the lenses glass?

Do they come apart easily so they could be tinted from the inside?

Are the lenses glass?

Do they come apart easily so they could be tinted from the inside?

The Depo and the OEM corner marker and turn signals are plastic lenses...

Not to hijack, but I have a set of the factory orange turn signal lenses (ones below the headlights) in good shape I'd love to move for a fair price...

PM me if interested.

The Depo and the OEM corner marker and turn signals are plastic lenses...

Not to hijack, but I have a set of the factory orange turn signal lenses (ones below the headlights) in good shape I'd love to move for a fair price...

PM me if interested.

Yep, hes correct, both the side and the lower lenses on the depos (as are the OEMs) are plastic. Not sure how they'd come apart. THey are decently put together though, I just didnt care fot the look (PO had put them on). I got a replacement OEM headlight from cruiseryard.com when a rock took one of mine out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom