Wanted Need driver side seat belt for my 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you have a seat belt that will fit a '81 60, let me know what you want for it.
I live in Oregon (97330).
Thanks,
Brian

I think I have a set of front belts...has the retractor on both...no cover for the retractor... I think they go inside the plastic on the molding...got them off ebay...30 plus the ride for the set.

...does that include the receiver, or just the belt? (the PO removed everything and put in a lap belt, I keep getting pulled over for not "wearing" my seat belt. since when is it a "shoulder restraint" law?)
thanks....

phantom60 said:
... (the PO removed everything and put in a lap belt, I keep getting pulled over for not "wearing" my seat belt. since when is it a "shoulder restraint" law?)
thanks....

Even though you have on a lap belt, because of the year the cops know that you should have a shoulder harness.
By law you are not allowed to modify the restraint system. It has to remain as it was stock.

Just my .02

Thanks...., I realize that NOW. The first THREE cops that pulled me over for it never said anything about it once they realized I was actually wearing a seat belt. This one decided to make an issue out of it. Never had a problem 'til I moved to a college town where they look for any reason to pull over any one under 30 years old........

....which brings up another question. So you're trying to tell me that if I put in a four point harness (which in my opinion is safer than the factory restraint) that I would get a ticket because it wasn't a factory spec. part? Why the hell would something safer than stock be against the law?
oh, that's right, it's because we live in the good ol' US of A were it's not about common sense, it's about what everyone tells you is "right".........

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom