Need Distributor source for F engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a vendor that has a new OEM distributor for '73 F engine. I couldn't find any leads through my browsing.

Thanks for the referral Paul. John and I handle a lot more rebuilds than new. City racer seems to be the go-to source for new.

I overlooked the new part, but almost certain that both of you can supply a rebuilt one that is better than new

Actually, I have the original distributor that could possibly be rebuilt. I can time my motor at idle with a timing light, but after you rev the engine and return to idle, the timing starts dancing around a bit. Wondering if it's worth a rebuild or go with a new unit? I hear differing opinions depending on who I talk to.

Actually, I have the original distributor that could possibly be rebuilt. I can time my motor at idle with a timing light, but after you rev the engine and return to idle, the timing starts dancing around a bit. Wondering if it's worth a rebuild or go with a new unit? I hear differing opinions depending on who I talk to.
What point gap are you using to get proper dwell? That is a good indicator of shaft/bushing wear?

I overlooked the new part, but almost certain that both of you can supply a rebuilt one that is better than new
Well…as natural-born tinkerers, it’s pretty much impossible to avoid the urge to make ‘adjustments’ during the rebuild process.😉

I addition to what Mark asked, what is your vacuum attached to on that original distributor? Any pics of your setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom