need dash cover, any advice? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my dash is in good shape and i want to keep it that way. i dont like dash covers but i think am going to get one to help protect things. i need one that will fit the early style dash of my 94. i would rather have one in some type of fabric other than carpet, and i would rather have it in black than brown. I have seen a few listed on ebay. any one have any experiance with any covers?

Got one in my 91 to cover up the cracks in the dash. Bought it from Specter. It is gray. It covers up the cracks and makes me not so anal about the dash. Much cheaper than a new dash pad.

Cheers

I have a "Dashmat Suedemat" on my 93, got it from amazon. Fit is ok. Never liked them either, but it beats the massive cracks that my dash had. It uses adhesive backed Velcro pads to attach, I might be concerned with those damaging the dash if you decide to take them off, if they had been on there very long.

i dont think i want to put velcro tabs on my dash since it is in good shape. does the specter one need velcro tabs?

I got mine in Mesa at the flea market east on off of 60, just past Power Road exit on the south side of 60. You can see it from 60, a series of large tents. The dealer in Tempe sells them too, but they don't fit quite as well.

I got mine in Mesa at the flea market east on off of 60, just past Power Road exit on the south side of 60. You can see it from 60, a series of large tents. The dealer in Tempe sells them too, but they don't fit quite as well.
SO the ones at Mesa are better? How much did you pay?

Just took delivery of a Grey Suede dash cover from Dash Designs for my son's 92. His thought also was to save his dash while it is parked outside at college. Cost was $47.59 from http://m.autoanything.com/dash-mats/60A4600A0A0.aspx

It has velcro tape pieces to apply to the dash. We're thinking of cutting 1/4" x 1/4" pieces that should eliminate the problem with ruining the dash with big pieces of sticky tape. The color is grey but with suede it appears to have variations in color (see pics). To solve the suede color effect issue, we ordered (2) 3 oz bottles of dark grey suede dye and are planning on spraying/dyeing it with our HVLP gun. Color is slightly lighter than the grey dash color. Fitment is computer cut and appears to be right on. Here's a couple of pics as it looks now:

IMG_0316.jpg
IMG_0317.jpg

Didn't pay a lot, can't exactly remember, but just a guess, it was around $30-$35? You order it and then pick it up a week or so later. They have various colors too. Again, it's at the big flea market off of 60 west.

Just took delivery of a Grey Suede dash cover from Dash Designs for my son's 92. His thought also was to save his dash while it is parked outside at college. Cost was $47.59 from AutoAnything™ - America's Auto and Truck Accessories SuperStore

It has velcro tape pieces to apply to the dash. We're thinking of cutting 1/4" x 1/4" pieces that should eliminate the problem with ruining the dash with big pieces of sticky tape. The color is grey but with suede it appears to have variations in color (see pics). To solve the suede color effect issue, we ordered (2) 3 oz bottles of dark grey suede dye and are planning on spraying/dyeing it with our HVLP gun. Color is slightly lighter than the grey dash color. Fitment is computer cut and appears to be right on. Here's a couple of pics as it looks now:

View attachment 926968 View attachment 926969
Bringing back the dead.

How did this project turn out? Dash Designs has presence on ebay but no pictures of 95+ dash covers.

I've been looking at the Escape Gear products lately for a few different items. They make 80 dash pads (RHD or LHD). Fairly inexpensive.

I bought a coverking velour taupe dash cover for my 96 80 and my t100. I get made fun of by the in-laws for having it which makes me like it more. It covers/protects well and looks good to me. I paid $35 for it back in 2016 and it still looks brand new today.

Last edited:
I've been looking at the Escape Gear products lately for a few different items. They make 80 dash pads (RHD or LHD). Fairly inexpensive.

Pretty sure you need to buy Escape Gear products from Equipt if you're in the US. The dash covers are $60 there.

Pretty sure you need to buy Escape Gear products from Equipt if you're in the US. The dash covers are $60 there.

Good information. I'm sitting in Saudi Arabia right now so I just went straight to their SA website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom