Need Carburetor Rebuild for 1975 FJ40 - New Jersey (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone - can someone refer me to a resource that has direct experience in a 1975 Toyota stock Carburetor rebuild? Greatly appreciate it everyone~

There are several vendors/members here who have good reputations for rebuilding Aisan carbs. I have had only one rebuilt and was very satisfied done by Jim C who goes by “FJ40Jim” here on Mud. Should you want to try it yourself, there is a good YouTube rebuild tutorial by “Pinhead” “CLICK HERE”

Here's an option if you are not set on keeping it 100% original.
Aftermarket knockoff carburetor for FJ40 $81.00 free shipping, all brand new, probably worth a shot.

I'm running an old rebuilt Toyota carb on my 72 FJ40 and have some other old Aisin carbs in the same condition.
$100 for a good core, about $30 for the rebuild kit and many-many-many hours of work.
After all of the work it still has worn screws, 50 year old fuel shutoff solenoid, vacuum actuator & linkages.
I'm planning on buying one of these knockoffs from Maxspeedingrods

Just completed a CJ7 rebuild and bought their version of knockoff carb for a mid 70s AMC Jeep (pictured below).
Wow! How easy! $70.00 all brand new including electric choke and vac actuators. The quality appears to be great.
Plug & play. Bolted it on, adjusted the idle screws. Warm up sequence works perfectly, turn the key and drive. Runs great at all speeds.
Again, I haven't bought one for the FJ40 yet so the experience if from a different carb.

Good Luck

20200418_130122.jpg

There are several vendors/members here who have good reputations for rebuilding Aisan carbs. I have had only one rebuilt and was very satisfied done by Jim C who goes by “FJ40Jim” here on Mud. Should you want to try it yourself, there is a good YouTube rebuild tutorial by “Pinhead” “CLICK HERE”
Yep. A rebuild kit is usually less than $30 and doing so will teach you a key component of tuning your engine for years to come. It’s really not that difficult to do.

@cbmontgo is right on. You can do it - MAN UP!

The Pinhead video, a JIS screwdriver and a Keyster kit. It is not hard.

I also have a 75 2F and would not want to convert the air cleaner, and fuel lines, and/ or linkage without just changing to a Weber for the effort of making an aftermarket carb fit my specific engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom