Need brake help. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, the other day I heard a grinding noise from rear driver tire and put it onto my to do list looking into it the next weekend. Well a few days later that same tire fully locked after hitting the brakes. I didn't go a check on the pads when I bought it a few months back and didn't realize they were GONE. The caliper had fully extended and partially popped out. Effectively binding the caliper piston to the rotor. I replaced the rotor, caliper and pads. Since it took me 48 hours to get parts in, and in that time the entire brake master cylinder was empty. l and have been using my HF pneumatic brake bleeder that I've used on dozens of other projects. I have bled out about 3 quarts of fluid and still don't feel I'm getting anywhere. Any advice?

What’s your concern now, air in the system after bleeding? Are you pumping the brakes about 40 times as directed on the brake reservoir cap for proper fluid level? I’d for sure check all the other pads and caliper condition as well.

What’s your concern now, air in the system after bleeding? Are you pumping the brakes about 40 times as directed on the brake reservoir cap for proper fluid level? I’d for sure check all the other pads and caliper condition as well.
Yes, my concern is with air in the system. I have done the prime of pumping the pedal 40 then key on. I'm still getting significant bubbles in the line with putting (art this moment) 5.5 quarts of brake fluid through

Yes, my concern is with air in the system. I have done the prime of pumping the pedal 40 then key on. I'm still getting significant bubbles in the line with putting (art this moment) 5.5 quarts of brake fluid through
Are you sure you’re getting a good seal from where the bleeder screw and bleed hose meet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom