Need body and paint work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am now in need of body and paint work. Needing a sliding back glass and sheet work to finish back panel and cutting the 79 bed to fit bolt on, then paint.
I guess I need to find a custom shop? Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Here is a list of all the shops I've been too and been turned down:
Twomey Auto Works
Aguirre Paint & Body
Qualitek Auto Body
Austin Speed shop
AMM Collision
Caliber Collision

tempImages3IRva.jpg
tempImage9n8M4L.jpg
tempImagePJNxXo.jpg

Colvin Automotive should take your money.

I've never used them but I drive by often and based on the projects and cars they have there I am guessing they are pretty darn good. Quite a few Ferraris, old muscle cars, been 5 or 6 40s & 60s lately, whole lot of cool stuff.

Colvin is very good, and their prices reflect that, but stop by to see their work for yourself. The place is a candy store for car people.

They did the rear sill and replaced sheet metal in a couple spots that had bubbled above the tail lights on my 40. Work was done about 8 years ago and was exceptional. KC lives in my hood and I’d use him again. Not a bargain shop, but high quality work for a vehicle that’s going to appreciate over time.

Last edited:
I call his house The Jay Leno House. His garage always has interesting cars every time I pass by.

Did you see this?

I have a 62 that was resprayed by Colvin. It’s good, but not great. Only real issues are that they didn’t paint the top of the tailgate and some of the door moldings don’t fit right on reassembly.

Backstory is that it’s a 2 owner truck (we’re the second), 133k miles all original.

@Riverrunner shipped it, and his driver ****ed it up. Riverrunner wouldn’t make good on things, driver claimed “it was like that” when he picked it up despite clear photo evidence to the contrary. So despite having transported 5 cars/trucks with him, I’ll never use Aaron again.

PO had also installed a panel mount CB antenna in the DS quarter panel, so I decided to go ahead and let Colvin paint it, rather than try to repair paint on the eyebrow over the PS headlight where it had rubbed on the vehicle in front while on the trailer. (Still have pics, no rust where it went to metal.)

Last edited:
Were they able to match up the 045 white? hard to tell form those pics.

Since I had them shoot everything with the windows out, what’s to match?

Yes, it’s very close.

Met with them on Thursday and the prices were a bit out of my league. Going to attempt the bed myself, but still need someone to put in back glass/panel.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom