Need BJ44 Suspension Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all—

I picked up a 1982 BJ 44. The rear leafs are so worn, so I am looking for a solution to replace them. I found a set of 2.5” leafs for an FJ40, but they will not fit the rear. I am curious if there is a place to buy just the 2.5” leafs for the rear for this wheelbase? The only thing I am having luck finding online is a $2,000+ complete lift kit. (ARB/OME Lift Kit - 2" Light Load w/ Shackle and Pins FJ45 1963-1980 - https://cruisercorps.com/collections/lift-kits/products/arb-ome-fj45-lift-kit-2-light-load-w-shackle-and-pins)

Are there other vehicles that may have a similar leaf that would fit the 44? Is there a place to buy leafs only?

Thanks so much for your help!

98AE7A79-D1C0-4678-B4A5-905094938E70.jpeg

The 44 will have the same rear sprints as the 43, 44, 45, 47 etc so most things but the 40 cause they are longer. The fronts are all the same . Are you looking for lifted or stock ? I probably have a few sets of rears for a 43 and a 46 that should fit and where fine when I pulled them to replace with OME.

If you want a kit to fit it hit @cruiseroutfit up they actually know WTF they are talking about and even know what is what when it comes to the MWB's

Hey all—

I picked up a 1982 BJ 44. The rear leafs are so worn, so I am looking for a solution to replace them. I found a set of 2.5” leafs for an FJ40, but they will not fit the rear. I am curious if there is a place to buy just the 2.5” leafs for the rear for this wheelbase? The only thing I am having luck finding online is a $2,000+ complete lift kit. (ARB/OME Lift Kit - 2" Light Load w/ Shackle and Pins FJ45 1963-1980 - https://cruisercorps.com/collections/lift-kits/products/arb-ome-fj45-lift-kit-2-light-load-w-shackle-and-pins)

Are there other vehicles that may have a similar leaf that would fit the 44? Is there a place to buy leafs only?

Thanks so much for your help!

View attachment 2720791
BarnFab is correct. I just replaced the rear springs on a 46 with Dobinsons, and the bloke told me they’re the same as the 45 & 47 that are more common here. I think stock the springs were lighter from the factory for a softer ride and 350kg load.

I am actually wanting a leaf that provides a little bit of lift. I am looking at some 2" lift leafs right now. After a bit of searching, I found these just yesterday actually. I was planning to order them today.

I am actually wanting a leaf that provides a little bit of lift. I am looking at some 2" lift leafs right now. After a bit of searching, I found these just yesterday actually. I was planning to order them today.

I looked at them too, I just couldn’t wait for stock. EFS, Ironman, Dobinsons, OME, Terrain Tamer were the basic options. I think they all have roughly 2” lift over stock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom