need beefy winch bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i've been searching for pics or even the name of a specific type of front bumper with no luck.

it's the type that encloses the winch but isn't the factory optional bumper extension that sticks so far out.

i see it on ford trucks quite a bit. the roller furling is built into the boxlike enclosure with the ends tapering in. it's not a brush guard like the arb type, just the heavy duty front bumper.

any ideas how i can find one, or pics of one?

thanks for the help.

Saw a dude stick one in behind the stock bumper.....pretty cool if ya as me. I think it was a warn...

It might be a Warn bumper you're thinking of. They're kind of modular with different mount adapters and different length ears on the ends. I've got a 8274 mounted on my 60 with one. I shortened the ears up a bit to improve front end clearance.

Last edited:
Jason (JK Customs) Makes a nice FJ60/62 bumper!

More on bumper
JKcustom_jenny.jpg

actually the one im thinkn of doesn't have any other bars on it. just a big old box-like bumper with the ends tapered in. i think the ones i've seen had black diamond plate on the top.

maybe it was just a dream.

my dreams used to be alot more cooler before this 60 project:)

"alot more cooler"

i'm still get'n my words a learn'n

60wag said:
It might be a Warn bumper you're thinking of. They're kind of modular with different mount adapters and different length ears on the ends. I've got a 9274 mounted on my 60 with one. I shortened the ears up a bit to improve front end clearance.

Do you have any pics?

Brian

that's it!

i'll try and figure out how to contact them.

thanks for the responses.

mmw68,

That bumper looks even better powdercoated! I'm glad that I saw a new pic of it!

2mbb,

Why do they call that a up and over bumper?

:beer:

GLTHFJ60 said:
Why do they call that a up and over bumper?

:beer:

That's the name of the company that produces it.

Here is the old Warn bumper with the ends trimmed. Originally the ears went to the ends if the front fenders and had a piece of sheet metal screwed to the top.
60front.JPG

mmw68 said:
Jason (JK Customs) Makes a nice FJ60/62 bumper!

More on bumper

Yeah I definately want a bumper like that. Has a price been hashed out yet? I can't get their site to load and I can barely get around on Mud cause the connection here is ass, so I wasn't able to look around for pricing.

Great question. So what is this bumper gonna sell for? I love it.

Just call Jason directly, 512-218-4222, with the price of steel, Iam not sure what Jason is charging. He does gret work, and it's all custom and made to order. :)

You can see more of his work over at pirate:Katy project

sweet, I just pranked my stocker on a rock, been thinking of what to fab up that wouldn't look too redneck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom