Need an EWD diagram of the JDM mirror circuit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
Hiya fellas - I don't post up on this forum but can someone let me know where I can download a PDF page or two of the JDM folding mirror circuit diagram? I have the door harnesses along with JDM folding mirrors but need to ascertain some more items and do some comparo. I have the U.S. EWD already.

Thank you.

What is it? Year?

Hiya fellas - I don't post up on this forum but can someone let me know where I can download a PDF page or two of the JDM folding mirror circuit diagram? I have the door harnesses along with JDM folding mirrors but need to ascertain some more items and do some comparo. I have the U.S. EWD already.

Thank you.

The mirrors are physically different from RHD to LHD. Previous threads in the 80 series forum concluded that they won't work so test fit before you go to the trouble of wiring.

The mirrors are physically different from RHD to LHD. Previous threads in the 80 series forum concluded that they won't work so test fit before you go to the trouble of wiring.

I'm aware of that but thank you.

What is it? Year?

I'm not 100% sure which JDM vehicles these mirrors came from but my guess is early 90's maybe? I wouldn't think there would be a whole bunch of change from different MYs, no?

Herr you go.
JDM 60 series.
20190518_174734.jpg

cool but I don't think these are folding mirrors. Folding mirrors have three motors, two for tilts and one for folding.

Thanks anyway dude!!

I retro fitted these to my uk 80. What would you like to know?

ok, you'd be a great resource for me.

I have both door harnesses, both sideview mirrors, mirror direction switch with the folding button and the relay control unit. Since the U.S. driver is opposite of JDM driver, i'm assuming I'll need to put the harnesses in the opposite doors?

I don't have a third harness which I assume connects both side view mirrors to the relay control unit. I understand that this RCU resides in one of the doors and I assume this to be the JDM driver door (right side of the 80 facing forward) but not sure.

Any tips and tricks to watch out for?

ok, you'd be a great resource for me.

I have both door harnesses, both sideview mirrors, mirror direction switch with the folding button and the relay control unit. Since the U.S. driver is opposite of JDM driver, i'm assuming I'll need to put the harnesses in the opposite doors?

I don't have a third harness which I assume connects both side view mirrors to the relay control unit. I understand that this RCU resides in one of the doors and I assume this to be the JDM driver door (right side of the 80 facing forward) but not sure.

Any tips and tricks to watch out for?
sorry for the late reply.
ive always wanted to be a great resource!:)
I didn't have the luxury of any JDM harnesses. I had the dash switch with the retract button, the mirror control relay and obviously the mirrors. I made my own looms to connect it all together.
the control relay is located in the right hand door as you look at the vehicle from the front.
there is a wiring diagram provided by MOT somewhere on this forum.
its not that hard a job TBH. I do have some pictures somewhere if they would be of use. I fitted heated pads while I was at it.

ok, I found the wiring diag, thanks!

This is the thread you want and post #12 has the EWD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom