Need an engin type lesson (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey I have seen listed here a 1HD-T (which I am firmilliar with, as I own 2) but have also seen a 1HD-FT and 1HD-FTE. What are these? Just curious... Thanks

1HD-T 12 valve mechanical injector pump fitted to HDJ80/81, HDJ100 and Coaster buses.

1HD-FT 24 valve mechanical injector pump fitted to HDJ80/81 and Coaster buses.

1HD-FTE 24 valve electronic injector pump fitted to HDJ78/79, HDJ100 and Coaster buses.

Below the head their all basically the same (they share the same crankshaft) but there is differences between the blocks, pistons etc.. each will "bolt in" place of the other.

The electronics in the E version would make it quite difficult as a transplant.
No harder than the others to fit in there, but making it run properly would be a big task.

The relative electronic complexity of the 1HD-FTE makes it the last choice for a transplant into any cruiser that doesn't have one as OE although it has been done.You'd probably need most of the donor car's wiring loom as well as ECU.The power gain of the FTE over the non-electronic FT is probably due mostly to the intercooler fitted as standard more than the electronic injection which helps emmisions more than anything.

Ahhh.... Thanks, figured it was something like that.... Does the 24 valve give significant performance improvements over the 12 valve?

Ahhh.... Thanks, figured it was something like that.... Does the 24 valve give significant performance improvements over the 12 valve?

Performance figures here. TLC FAQ - 5.4 Engine Specifications

There is also a 1HD FTE non intercooled version in the 70 series that has slightly less power than the 80/100 series landcruisers.

Ive heard you can get good results from using the 1HD FTE with the 1HD FT fuel pump;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom