need advise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
was called up and offered a job by a previous employer , could pay $20,000 more a year , alot more hours and responsibilities , much less family time , and ive got some good friends at my present job ,( and its a ten minute drive to work ) .

i dont know what to do i wasnt even looking for a job and am very happy where im at .

was called up and offered a job by a previous employer , could pay $20,000 more a year , alot more hours and responsibilities , much less family time , and ive got some good friends at my present job ,( and its a ten minute drive to work ) .

i dont know what to do i wasnt even looking for a job and am very happy where im at .

Tell your present employer you were offered this opportunity and see if they will match, or at least give you a raise. Then be even happier.

Signed,

Dear Enigma

sounds like youve already answered your question. cant beat being happy at work. id love to have a 10 minute commute to work. and having good friends at work makes it less..work-like.

sometimes more money isnt always enough...

:cheers:

Signed,

Dear Enigma

jump.gif
Now that was funny...

There's a shortage of qualified people in the job market now.
I would casually mention the offer at your present work place and see if they value you enough to make you happy and keep you there.
Saying "match it or I am gone" in not the right approach.
Good luck!

i just decided to stay where i am , i work 60 hours in the 1st week but only 24 in the 2nd week , lots of time off with the kids , also get to take the two days from the 2nd week off once in a while resulting in 7 days off in a row , a guy can turn two weeks of vacation into 5 to six weeks off .

my present employer knows of my opurtunity , and when its time for my review they will pay for it !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom