Need advice on ROCK SLIDERS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm leaning toward the Slee side steps but they're almost a grand, seems pretty ridiculous tbh. Are there any good deals out there on a similar type of slider?

Pic for reference

100_slider_9_250.jpg

When I shopped sliders it seemed every quality slider was in the 800-1k range, but I wanted them powder coated, a removable top plate and a rear kick out .. the top plate really helps keep the side of the vehicle clean , helps as a step and the kick out has helped me more than once by pushing the vehicle off of rocks and trees .
FWIW I went with white knuckle DOM tubing, 15 degree angle for clearance, and removable full top plate . Seems the shipped price was around $900 it I couldn’t be happier. Remember, one good shot to the rocker or the side of your vehicle will be a heck of a lot more than the slider cost. Learned from previous experience, It was the first mod I did to my 100

They are all going to run around $900 like slacker said. If you plan on actually using them you do get what you pay for. For example, the Rocky Road Outfitters (RRO) ones are on the lower end of the $ spectrum but you will wait 5-6 weeks and you don't see a lot of good reviews on them. On the other hand companies like Slee and Trail Tailor are at or about $1000 with coating etc. but very high quality materials and craftsmanship, and generally much quicker turn around times. I had my Trail Tailor Sliders in 2 and a half weeks.

When I shopped sliders it seemed every quality slider was in the 800-1k range, but I wanted them powder coated, a removable top plate and a rear kick out .. the top plate really helps keep the side of the vehicle clean , helps as a step and the kick out has helped me more than once by pushing the vehicle off of rocks and trees .
FWIW I went with white knuckle DOM tubing, 15 degree angle for clearance, and removable full top plate . Seems the shipped price was around $900 it I couldn’t be happier. Remember, one good shot to the rocker or the side of your vehicle will be a heck of a lot more than the slider cost. Learned from previous experience, It was the first mod I did to my 100

Yep, will be my first mod as well

Got mine for my old 60 from white knuckle off road at their black Friday sale. Unfinished Dom tube with full step was in low 600's if I remember correctly. They were a quality product and wkor is where I will likely be looking for my next set

Have you checked out Metaltech yet?

I bought these a few years ago and they have worked out pretty well. They usually have sales around the holidays if you are willing to wait until those happen, you might get 10% off or something. Just sign up for their mailing list.

I beat the crap out my White Knuckle sliders. I got the same specs as @slacker24-7 and they've definitely more than paid for themselves several times over. They're worth the investment if you're going to be relying on them.

If you're looking for just a little extra peace of mind and a lower price, @LandCruiserPhil sells this rock rail kit

Trial Tailor Sliders are under 800 shipped

Love my WKOR sliders. Quality stuff, and they didn't tack on $300 extra for shipping truck freight. But they aren't really steps, IMHO. If I was looking for sliders that were a good step, I'd be buying from Trail Tailor.

I beat the crap out my White Knuckle sliders. I got the same specs as @slacker24-7 and they've definitely more than paid for themselves several times over. They're worth the investment if you're going to be relying on them.

If you're looking for just a little extra peace of mind and a lower price, @LandCruiserPhil sells this rock rail kit
Those are completely garbage IMO

Just installed a set of the Metal Tech 100 Series sliders on Saturday morning. They are heavy!

I was pleasantly surprised by the customer service from MT. When I ordered the sliders they said that model would not be back in stock until the following week, so I did not expect to see the sliders for 2 or 3 weeks. One week later they were delivered!

I liked the design of the White Knuckle sliders but they are out of stock until sometime in August.

Have you checked out Metaltech yet?

I bought these a few years ago and they have worked out pretty well. They usually have sales around the holidays if you are willing to wait until those happen, you might get 10% off or something. Just sign up for their mailing list.

Those are completely garbage IMO
LCPhil rock rails fill a void. Someone who wants protection at sub $400. The rails also provide protection while not losing ground clearance

LCPhil rock rails fill a void. Someone who wants protection at sub $400. The rails also provide protection while not losing ground clearance
For $50 you could just caulk a steel tube in that same space and it would distribute the load more evenly without drilling holes at all

I looked at those. They protect the pinch weld, basically. I didn't see any rocker or lower door protection, and I wanted a kick-out to protect the rear quarters and tires a bit, too. Nothing to step on either, so pretty much no go for my wife. Not meeting really any of my requirements... eliminated the LCP pieces from my list.

When I first bought the truck, I believe it had Metal Tech sliders. When I redid the truck I put White Knuckle DOM sliders on. I had them put less angle on them so I could use it as a step and added the full length diamond plate as well. I am much happier with the White Knuckles.

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

Metal tech had a group by a few months back and it reached its goal (I believe the final discount was 25 % off and $100 off shipping).

I picked up an unfinished set so I could paint them myself so that when I damage them off road I will not have to have them re powder coated.

They have group buys every 6 months or so. If you want them as cheap as possible that would be the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom