Need advice on possible purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok fellas need some advice. There is a dealership selling a RHD 1990 HJ62. I have gotten him down to around the $10500 mark but wanted to see if you guys thought it was worth it. I would have to pay to ship it back to the states since the military only covers 1 and the misses has to come back also. It's about an hour drive away and haven't had a chance to take a look but there are a lot of pics in the eBay ad.
1990 G Toyota Land Cruiser 4.0 TURBO DIESEL VERY RARE MANUAL 138k HJ62 4X4 P/X

What says all you experts? Should I pull the trigger or find something else like a LHD 73 series?

Zach

If there's no rust and there are no hidden mechanical issues to take care of, I think the price is good. It seems well taken care of. There'll be some guys that will tell you that you can find a 62 cheaper, which is true, but value really depends on the condition... And that can drastically swing the price up or down.

If it has cable lockers, buy it.

if you snooze you loose. From the pictures it looks like a nice investment. Its also a diesel which is nice. If you don't mind the RHD then grab it.

Looks like that same dealer is selling an '89 defender for 5300 pounds. You should buy that, bring it home, sell it for $25K, and then get whatever cruiser you want.

Looks like that same dealer is selling an '89 defender for 5300 pounds. You should buy that, bring it home, sell it for $25K, and then get whatever cruiser you want.
I have been looking for a Defender as well. It has to be a 91-94 though. 91 is when they put the 200tdi motor in which is leaps and bounds above the 19J. Importing has strict limitations so I have to make sure all the numbers match before I pull that trigger which is very hard to find.

Well I passed on the Landcruiser but picked up a Land Rover.

110 hicap1.JPG

110 hicap2.JPG

Well it ain't a Cruiser...but it is pretty damn cool. Won't see many like it back home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom