Need advice on a 94 fjz 80 body lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 1" that Duiser put on during my diesel conversion. It's not real noticeable. You can see a video of the body lift on their website YouTube channel.

what advice are you looking for?

don't let someone else run the jack while you're positioning the pucks!!!!!!!!!!! this could have been much worse..... be safer than you think is necessary

i did a 1.5 in body lift on my LX, cost about 40 bucks and was easy. nothing really hard, just lost of working pulling the seats out and the carpet up in my tiny shop. my front 2 mounts had a good bit of rust and i needed to press out the old bolts. took maybe 6 hours total work with a friend to do it all correctly.

i had to adjust my shifter and sometimes i need to tap it forward to get the key out. because mine was an LX my rear bumper didnt line up at all and i just removed all the plastic. on the front you couldnt tell much was done but i built a custom bumper after i did the lift.

i waited and did several things all at once. i needed a bumper, i needed new plastic gears in my seats and my cd changer was coming out. body lift was a perfect time.

Our body lifts come with instructions. Its best if you have a friend help you, if you can trust them.......;) Its an afternoon job. The worst part, depending on the vehicle is getting the old body bolts off. Otherwise its pretty straight forward.

A body lift paired with a 2" lift is a great combination on the 80! :cheers:

this is ome medium with a 1" spacer in front 315 tires and 1" body lift

Hey @dannyp, I dig that setup....thinking of running the OME 2.5" heavy with a 1" body lift and stock wheels and 315's like you have. Any comments, concerns, issues, problems, running it?

I have a 3" body lift I bought for my old pathfinder project, I was considering cutting the Lift pucks in half and using them on my cruiser but don't want to mess with the bumpers and stuff because they're homemade and fit as tightly to the the frame rails as possible so there is no real way for my to raise them lol. I would literally have to make a new front bumper at the minimum and add more to the wings of my rear bumper. So if anyone would like to buy he whole lift kit and use the pucks and whatever brackets they can, let me know.

How much body lift are you after? I did a 1 3/8" and have material left over to do more maybe up to 2" I baught material from grainger and cut ti the size i wanted and have some of the bolts needed too. I did mine by myself 3 hours give or take. Loosened all bolts one side at a time and put blocks in. The shifter is the only adjustment I made as mentioned before no complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom