NEED ADVICE ON 94 LAND CRUISER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum but I wanted to ask and see if I could have some advice.
A gentleman wants to sell me a 1 owner 94 land cruiser with 94k miles on it. Sounds great!
However, the rust is bad. no holes in the frame but it is concerning. Is it worth buying and fixing?

If I do buy it what price is reasonable?

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum but I wanted to ask and see if I could have some advice.
A gentleman wants to sell me a 1 owner 94 land cruiser with 94k miles on it. Sounds great!
However, the rust is bad. no holes in the frame but it is concerning. Is it worth buying and fixing?

If I do buy it what price is reasonable?

Thanks!
Rust is subjective.

People from CA will say OMG if there is ANYTHING orange.

People from Maine will say...Meh.......if there are holes not big enough to actually throw a chicken through it.

They may consider doing rust mitigation if you can fit a chicken through the hole at 15 feet.

Pics above and below.

Rust is subjective.

People from Maine will say...Meh.......if there are holes not big enough to actually throw a chicken through it.

They may consider doing rust mitigation if you can fit a chicken through the hole at 15 feet.

Pics above and below.
I will try and get pictures by the end of the day

3B61B24E-978F-4F3F-9A77-05EEC1712FC0.jpeg
2F6C8BC6-20E6-4634-ACB7-3FCDD573A892.jpeg

0FCC7E55-6647-4A29-8B0F-62E2E692DCB5.jpeg

713A2D27-6EA7-4A8C-A89D-A3E05BE842AF.jpeg

65936EA4-483E-4978-9B0B-E7C1580C21AD.jpeg

Curious what others say, but that looks bad.
What are your plans for it?
As it sits the rear axle looks toast. The whole thing. Half those suspension bolts will never spin out again.
$500
Maybe $2500 if money is no object.

True. New brake lines, pads, rotors and tires were all out on yesterday. Considering the mileage I wonder if it’s worth anything
Oh it's def worth something. Just too far outside my wheelhouse to begin to guess. (tho I gave it a shot above lol)

Last edited:
Rust is subjective.

Pics above and below.
Spoken like a true New Englander!

That thing is Crispy!

Front seats have been recovered.

Someone has recently smeared lipstick on that pig. New tires, some new (very poorly routed) brake lines, front seats have been recovered partially.

Does it have locking differentials? (Black knob on left side of steering column) Although, I will guarantee they won't work given the amount of corrosion all over that one.

There is no parking brake cable at all.
The sway bar bracket is rusted off of the axle housing.
The frame DOES have a significant amount of rust going on.
That will be a constant fight of repairs and very expensive to work on. If I bought it, I would indeed replace the frame and axle housings. However, what you cannot see is the rust on the rear hatch, and other inside the rocker panels.

This is great for low mileage at 94K, however, this is a classic case of this truck has sat too much, in a very moist environment, outdoors, in the sun on grass/dirt for many years. Someone dragged it out of the field and decided they could get a ton of money for it.

Even I would run from that one unless it's in the $500-$1000 range, and I would seriously consider parting out the body and engine on it.

Looks like this might have been another one that was just used for dropping a boat in the ocean, then never washed off and sat outside for it's entire life, neglected.

Dis-use is harder on a truck than mis-use. This is the former.

I agree, that is a parts truck only. unless you find a roller to put the engine in but still I would not want to start a build with that. Walk away.

I would run away unless you are a mechanic and have lots of disposable income to find the truck in need of the motor ...

What are they asking for it?

I rarely say this but that frame appears to be beyond saving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom