Need advice - keep AHC or AHC delete? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you replace with genuine Toyota sensor? Aftermarket sensors are 100% garbage and should be expected to fail immediately (literally immediately - many users share stories of the aftermarkets ones not working at all brand new).

A couple sheared nipples are a piece of cake compared to an entire suspension swap. Just refurb AHC as needed. Pervasive rust is a problem. Normal surface corrosion and a sheared nipple is fine.

Every time you share that I think it needs an asterisk: *because I never did the free and fast pressure check and T-bar adjustment. ;)
Ain’t nobody got time for that bro lol

The only pressure I wanna be checking is my tire pressure

It’s 5 minutes today. 10 tom. Another 5 on Wednesday. Where does it end.
Today. It ends today. It's not a "check every week" thing.

5 minutes once every 5 years. Maybe 15-30 mins if you include torsion bar adjustment.

It's seriously that easy. Average annualized time investment of something like 5-10 minutes. Per year. That's it.

Just the fact that owners with AHC have coined the term “pogo sticking” reminds me how happy I am that my 05LC came with primitive suspension! I’m sure I don’t know what I’m missing but I love the ride from my medium duty OME springs and stock shocks. I’m also happy with my ride height regardless of speed and terrain.
There's literally 2 threads that have that term in it and they refer to a globe failure.

The system isn't indestructible. It needs maintenance and like anything entropy takes its toll on it

How bad is the rust?

Today. It ends today. It's not a "check every week" thing.

5 minutes once every 5 years. Maybe 15-30 mins if you include torsion bar adjustment.

It's seriously that easy. Average annualized time investment of something like 5-10 minutes. Per year. That's it.
I like that. But it’s too late now lol. Ahc is long gone.

Did not know that, thanks! The previous owner did not provide a number of items that would have been useful - owners manual being one of them. Also no factory tool kit, which made for all sorts of fun getting the full sized spare out he had put in.
That feature can pretty easily be bypassed. There are wires under the kneeboard that send the speed signal to the AHC system that you can clip and put a switch in to either have them sending signal or not. If not, the system doesn't know your speed and will stay at off road height no matter speed. There are Youtube tutorials for this. Awesome mod!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom