Need advice from Land Cruiser lovers in Las Vegas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am this close to purchasing my Land Cruiser, but torn between a 60 series and an 80 series. Both are in great shape! I am looking for a daily driver that i can also set up to do some wheelin with . (everything but rock crawling) Suggestions???

I am also looking for a good LC mechanic in Las Vegas that I can trust. care to drop a name of a good one???

see you on the trail

80 = more comfortable. 60 = simpler. What year 80?

I agree with Spresso.

My personal opinion is 95-97 80 is a much better choice for a daily driver and wheeler (stock). Factory lockers (if you find the right one) Plus air bags for the traffic in LV.

If you want a "toy" to play with and are looking for the more simple rig, go for the 60, but realize that it will ride rougher, be louder, slower, steering looser, brake poorer, etc.

As far as a mechanic, you may want to contact the LV club guys to get their opinion.

Also do a search because this topic has been covered in the past, you should find enough information to make your decision.

One last thing, drive them both, that should give you your answer. Good luck.

Jack

These guys covered it pretty well. I would add that if it was between a 62 and an 80 there would be no contest, 80 all the way. I have a 1984 FJ60 mostly because I like the simpler electronics and manual transmission. I know an auto is better off road but I just like driving a stick.

As locrwln mention do a search in the 60 forum for 60 vs 80, then do the same in the 80 forum. Both will naturally be biased but you will find a ton of information.

The TLCA chapter in Las Vegas has a forum here in the club section
NV- Southern Nevada Land Cruisers <----LINK!!!!!

You might also contact Mace on this board, he may have a mechanic recommendation in Las Vegas. Most of the guys on this board try to do a lot of their own wrenching, the knowledge gained comes in handy when your truck breaks down in BFE. Also if you decide to do very much in the way of modifications it will save you a ton of money.

Tough choice, both have their advantages.

As for a mechanic, there is a guy on the nvttora board, screen name is "damaged" or something similar to that. He is a mechanic at one of the Vegas Toyota lots and owns an 80 series. He helped me out a bunch of times when I lived down there and had issues with my 4runner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom