Need advice for tire options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KNA

Threads
Hello everyone ,

So I believe I'm going to order these Evo Corse dakarZero.

EVO CORSE DAKARZERO 17"x8" TOYOTA TUNDRA, LAND CRUISER 200 Series ET: 40

My LC is a 2017 and completely stock.

I wanted to get some opinions on some nice tires.
Right now I use my LC just for road and snow travel.
I like the look of the Evo Corse wheels.
Also I'm hoping to somewhat stay around the stock diameters so i won't interfere with the speed odometer and most of all that i will have no rubbing when there is suspension travel.

Most of what I see with the 17" wheel for the LC are the BF Goodrich A/T.
What tire is recommended by Toyota when using the 17" wheels?
Toyota mentioned to me that there is a 17" option for the LC when I asked them to do a search but that's all. The parts guy was unsure.

Thanks guys

Hello everyone ,

So I believe I'm going to order these Evo Corse dakarZero.

My LC is a 2017 and completely stock.

I wanted to get some opinions on some nice tires.
Right now I use my LC just for road and snow travel.
I like the look of the Evo Corse wheels.
Also I'm hoping to somewhat stay around the stock diameters so i won't interfere with the speed odometer and most of all that i will have no rubbing when there is suspension travel.

Most of what I see with the 17" wheel for the LC are the BF Goodrich A/T.
What tire is recommended by Toyota when using the 17" wheels?
Toyota mentioned to me that there is a 17" option for the LC when I asked them to do a search but that's all. The parts guy was unsure.

Thanks guys

Toyota says:

Tire: BFG All-Terrain T/A LT285/70R17 121/118R M + S (Recommended)

Use only with tire size LT285/70R17 M+S

Here's a link to the Toyota doc that covers everything you ever wanted to know about using 17" TRD wheels on your LC200: https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/ins...er TRD Alloy Wheel PTR45-34070-34120 IssF.pdf

Please note: The Recommended Cold Tire INflation Pressure for the LT285/70R17 tires on the LC200 is 40psi F/R - the cited doc is incorrect (long story).

HTH

Toyota says:

Here's a link to the Toyota doc that covers everything you ever wanted to know about using 17" TRD wheels on your LC200: https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/installation/40362D86F9D917D98825767800785BB2_Tundra_Sequoia_Land Cruiser TRD Alloy Wheel PTR45-34070-34120 IssF.pdf

Please note: The Recommended Cold Tire INflation Pressure for the LT285/70R17 tires on the LC200 is 40psi F/R - the cited doc is incorrect (long story).

HTH

Hey Gaijin,

Thank you very much. Perfect.
so basically Toyota only recommends one tire option.

Great document thought!

Thanks

Toyota says:

Here's a link to the Toyota doc that covers everything you ever wanted to know about using 17" TRD wheels on your LC200: https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/installation/40362D86F9D917D98825767800785BB2_Tundra_Sequoia_Land Cruiser TRD Alloy Wheel PTR45-34070-34120 IssF.pdf

HTH

Do you ride C rated or E rated tires?

I searched and saw e rated. I'm surprised that they use Q rated tires for raptor.

Last edited:
Search your local Craigslist (up to 200 miles) for Rock Warriors. They can be found for $500-800 (sometimes more). Good value for a light, forged (not cast) 17" wheel. They can be significantly less expensive than the Evos. While not beadlocks, the bead rings do protect the tire and valve stem.

I have yet to see RWs anywhere near this price. I do see 1200 to 1600 and (way) up.

I don't have ko2s, but some folks remove them for dedicated snows and some put them on over their highway tires. For lots of snow you probably should get snows.

Hey Gaijin,

Thank you very much. Perfect.
so basically Toyota only recommends one tire option.

Great document thought!

Thanks

They only officially recommend that, yet.
But there are nearly countless options that are fine.

KO2 is a great tire though.
So if you’d like to “git er done” real quick-like with confidence...K02 is an easy, solid choice.

Got mine done today for $889 with 50k mile guarantee on KO2s. I made my edges bald in 40k.

I have yet to see RWs anywhere near this price. I do see 1200 to 1600 and (way) up.

I don't have ko2s, but some folks remove them for dedicated snows and some put them on over their highway tires. For lots of snow you probably should get snows.

It depends on your timeframe. I found and flipped sets for $500 and $600 this year. I check almost every day with startup tabs in my browser.
You're right that they are usually more. This set with tires is going for $1000 in Richmond Set of TRD Rock Warrior Wheels and Nitto Terra Grappler G2 Tires! (less expensive than the cast Evos at 340 each plus shipping) and I've seen sets in PA for $800 1-2 months ago.

The 18" cast alloy OE Tundra wheels sell for half as much.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom