NEED ADVICE ASAP!!! slave cylinder died on me (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Austin, TX until 8/04 then Chicago, IL until 6/11
Hola all,
Clutch lost all pressure last night. Put fluid in the slave cylnider resivoir and pumped the clutch and all the fluid spilled out onto the ground.
Murf helped me out at Camelback Toyota a couple months ago and did a great job.
So at 9pm last night had the truck towed to camelback. I Ih8mud'd Murf when i got home.

Got a call couple minute from camelback toyota saying that to replace my slave cylinder and bleed the system would be $405. Seems a bit steep to me.

Does that seem right to y'all?

Maybe i'm whinning cuase i just bought a new battery and replaced a window some a$$ broke trying to steal my radio.

Please let me know what you think asap.

Murf, if your out there let me know if this is kosher.

thanks all

Patrick

When I had mine done by the dealership in flagstaff, it was $265 plus parts, and they were nice enough to put on Napa parts that I brought to them. Same thing, clutch lost all pressure.

Called and got quoted half the price from a very reputable landcruiser shop.

Do you think camelback will charge me for something, if i bring a tow truck there and have the truck brought somewhere else?

thanks for the input,
Filled the master reservoir and everything leaked out from the passenger side.. that's why i think slave is shot.

265 is a hell of alot cheaper that what i was quoted.

patrick

FWIW - The Murf is on vacation
Rumor is he will be back tomorrow, but I don't know when he will be back at work. Might want to contact Krystal, the parts lady, to see what the MUD price will be. Remember that the cheaper quote probably does not include OEM parts.

The 265 was just labor. I paid about 70 for the aftermarket slave and master
That's my point. Now we are talking about 335 vs 405 for OEM. I personally have had a little better luck with OEM clutch slave and cylinders. John

guessing a 60 from his sigline, no ?

Last edited:
Labor price is probably right for the dealership. Question: the job is pretty straightforward, and unless you have NO experience and NO tools it's not that bad. I don't know if Camelback will charge you a diagnostic fee, I doubt it. You can ask for Rob Menasci, he's the Service Manager (works for murf) he's all in on the CSC group stuff. Personally I wouldn't do anything else other than OEM parts. Good Luck.

Yup it's an FJ60, all rust eaten from the chicago cancer powder.

msahr,
haven;t done it before, but that hasn't stopped me, problem is my current position does not allow the the consistent time needed to tackle a job I have not done before. I love my job, but I'm treading water as it is now.

sorry for the whining.. just a little tired and the phone will not stop ringing.

I'm gonna get it towed up to Toyoworks tomorrow, He uses aisin parts. Hopefully be able to do it over the phone tomorrow cause the lab and the hosp won;t give a me a spare damn moments rest.

Thanks for all the advice.

Patrick

Im back :)

Price now modified to reflect Mud discount - good to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom