craigslist Need advice - 1994 Land Cruiser in Porter Ranch, CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
Outside Link
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/chatsworth-1994-toyota-land-cruiser-80/7157119575.html
This seems too good to be true. Spoke to the seller. Seems like a decent guy, but I'm too far away to see it in person. Anybody know this guy? Looking for a reason to back out, but I can't really find one. No lockers, but very good price. I gotta ship to Minnesota, so I don't want to get scammed.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice. I am going to have it inspected at K&H import repair center in canoga park which is on the list of cruiser shops.
Mike H.

Was on my watch list too, exterior looks good, interior door cards needed attention. Not sure about the rest. It’s been up for a little while, anyway. Good idea to get a PPI when buying long distance. Good luck!

Let us know how it goes. I’m curious as well. I think the price is fair. But not suspiciously low.

Looks like it has good bones. It has the typical clear coat issues, bad dash, door card need attention as does the driver seat. The price seem to be in the ballpark for today's prices. I would use the above mentioned issues to negotiate a lower price. If you could get it for say 6k it would pay for your shipping.
Although flying out and driving it back seem like a much better adventure.

All that being said, I hate to see it go to the rust belt :frown:

Also, not to be a buzzkill here, but the language in the CL post all sounded really familiar, like I had read it before.

"Got it from a family member"
"never off-roaded
"was going to build it up, then changed my mind"
"Everything works great and ready to be a great DD or turn it into an off road machine"

I look at these rigs for sale in CA all the time, so I read several of these CL listings every week. I've heard from other Mud members that there are definitely people that buy and sell these in less than perfect condition, as advertised.

Again, not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but make sure everything checks out before you make a move on it. I love the cloth interior and dark green exterior. Jealous.

I can't get past those wheels... If I get bored this weekend I might give the guy a call and go check it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom