Need a Warn Winch Battery Side Quick Disconnect (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nalabama

SILVER Star
Threads
Well, I couldn’t stop myself and went up on the mountain to squirrel hunt this afternoon. My 200 is now stuck. And a few inches from a couple of of ugly trees. I’ve been at storage room for the last three hours getting my multi-mount winch put together so I can carry it to the 200 with the Gator. My winch didn’t come with the battery side disconnect; I need to borrow or buy one tomorrow to get the 200 off the mountain. Any ideas are appreciated.

John Boylan

Well, I couldn’t stop myself and went up on the mountain to squirrel hunt this afternoon. My 200 is now stuck. And a few inches from a couple of of ugly trees. I’ve been at storage room for the last three hours getting my multi-mount winch put together so I can carry it to the 200 with the Gator. My winch didn’t come with the battery side disconnect; I need to borrow or buy one tomorrow to get the 200 off the mountain. Any ideas are appreciated.

John Boylan

Would a cable without a disconnect work? My smittybuilt winch is off the 60 right now while I work on the bumper so you could borrow a cable. Or, if you need some help I could probably run the FJ Cruiser up there to help un-stick the 200.

Thanks Chris, but my winch is pre-wired with the Warn winch-side disconnect. You don’t want to go where I am with your FJC; it’s a narrow, side-hill sloppy mess, with trees on both sides. I’m gonna double line off a snatch block/tree hugger strap to get back on the trail, and then try to power out. I went in too easy to get through the spot that got me—won’t make that mistake coming out.

John

Did you free yourself? BTW, we all like pictures of recoveries and winch line going everywhere...😎

What's this cable? I'm assuming I don't have one since I am clueless on the disconnect.
I hope this pretty white 200 is ok!!

I’m still stuck. Tried to drive it out this morning, but just slid around in the same 20-foot pool of mud. Left it on the mountain and went looking for ring-end battery cables and a Warn Quick Connect plug that could handle a 465+ amp draw. All I could find was a 175 amp plug at Northern Tool. Will try Rocket City OffRoad tomorrow morning. If they can’t fix me up, I’ll order something online. With 3.5 sunny days, maybe I’ll be able to just drive it out Thursday. Should have gotten the winch set up properly a long time ago...

Finally found a cable set with quick disconnect on it at H&H Truck Accessories on west University Drive, down in the hole after you pass all the car dealers.

Picked up a set of 20-foot 2 gauge jumper cables at Autozone, took them to The Battery Store at the top of the hill on Washington Street, where they cut the clamps off on one end of the jumper set and replaced them with ring-end lugs. [$5.00 OTD btw, great guys, been using them for years.] Now I’ll be able to reach the back of the 200.

This will allow me to hook up the vehicle battery in parallel to another large battery that I am going to use to run the winch. Gonna try to get the 200 out tomorrow morning. I’ll try to get some photos.

John

If that doesn't work let us know and I am sure someone would volunteer to come winch you out.

With two days of drying out, I tried to drive it out it yesterday evening, but no luck—just as sloppy as it was the day I got it stuck.

I had forgotten everything I knew about getting a winch/fairlead set up. Took me yesterday and from 10:00 til 3:45 today to get everything straightened out (three hours running parts included) and the trailer loaded up ready to go. My buddies with a truck are all busy tomorrow morning, so my wife and I will probably tow it up to the property with her Buick Enclave. More help is showing up later in the day. We’ll get it out eventually, even if it takes our farmer neighbor’s tractor or bulldozer.

John

The 200 is free and back home now. Didn’t even have to use the winch today, we hooked the JD Gator up to it, and with my buddy driving the Gator and me driving the 200, we just drove out. Significant drying had occurred since the last attempt to drive out, and we dug out the tires and put boards under the tires too. Piece of cake. Y’all can educate me on posting photos at the meeting tomorrow night.

John

The 200 is free and back home now. Didn’t even have to use the winch today, we hooked the JD Gator up to it, and with my buddy driving the Gator and me driving the 200, we just drove out. Significant drying had occurred since the last attempt to drive out, and we dug out the tires and put boards under the tires too. Piece of cake. Y’all can educate me on posting photos at the meeting tomorrow night.

John

Glad it’s free!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom