need a Stihl FS66 Trimmer Fuel Tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

need a Stihl FS66 fuel tank

Anyone know where I can buy a fuel tank for a Stihl FS66 trimmer ?

4123 350 0400 is the number for the bare tank. It is a Do Not re-Order component but here are still a few in the system.

4123 350 0405 is the number for the fuel tank assy including the cap but is N/A in the USA.

P.m. D'Animal he's the resident Stihl god.

4123 350 0400 is the number for the bare tank. It is a Do Not re-Order component but here are still a few in the system.

4123 350 0405 is the number for the fuel tank assy including the cap but is N/A in the USA.
Okay , thank you very much. Can you tell me what the original retail price was ? That would give me an idea of what one should cost. Do dealers typically mark up parts depending on their rarity/ scarcity ?
I'd certainly but a used one too, if I could find one. Sorry to reply so late, I just got home from work.
Scott

That's what I get for typing a slow response.

Dan , have you had time to check on that FS66 fuel tank ? I'd certainly buy a used one if I can find one.
Thank you , Scott

A used one may be in the same condition yours is in. With age and the exotic fuels we have they turn yellow and swell up so the cap does not fit, etc.

They stopped making that particular unit in the early to mid 1990's.

Suggested retail for the California market is around $31.00.

Ron's Saw Sales in South Dakota deals in a lot of New Old Stock items. He may have a new one at a reduced price.

Okay Thank You Dan , I'll check with Ron's S.S. regards , Scott

I also need a tank for my FS66. I called Ron's SS and left a message. Were you able to contact Ron's?

re: FS66 fuel tank

Datsundon - I have not talked to anyone at Don's Saw Shop yet, I sent them an email inquiring about a tank but I didn't get a reply. I think that Stihl dealers do not ever sell parts on the net, but I would think that they will sell parts made by phone in orders... I found their business listing with the phone number and address.:banana:

Yeah. I called the number I found online, got their answering machine, left a message. They haven't called back yet. I do not know if they are too busy to respond to customers, can not make a long distance call to respond to the message I left, or simply do not want additional sales.

I spoke to a rep at Ron's Saw Sales today 4/13/11. The are out of stock on the tanks for FS66. They purchase used/salvaged parts for these old trimers. He said the price is $25-30 plus shipping. He said he would contact me via email if/when they get a good tank.

In the meantime, I plan to attempt welding the crack in my tank. I purchased a plastic welding kit from Harbor Freight this weekend for $15. I will post results afterwards.

Hey datsundon, I repaired my fuel tank last week with a tube of "Seal All". I cleaned the tank with rubbing alcohol, then sealed up the cracks with 3 coatings a couple hours apart. So far so good, I drain the tank after each use. Use at own risk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom