Need A Radiator Shop...A Good One Preferably (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the last step in getting my 80 up and running? Draining the water from the radiator and filling it up with anti-freeze and distilled water...What do I go and do? Put a crack where the bottom spout meets the radiator trying to get the lower radiator hose off...

After promising my wife that, no, we're not cursed...I now need to find a good shop that will patch/braze/weld this baby up for me so that my wife can start driving this and we can start spending money on the good stuff - like lifts, and tires!

Preferably somewhere nearish 43rd Ave & Thunderbird...or not too far at least...

Thanks!

Dan
602.515(1997)

Hays Radiator Svc
4110 N 20th St
Phoenix, AZ 85016

(602) 263-1165

Recommended by a local cruiserhead. They cleaned my radiator 4 years ago, it is still running good. The owner gave me a tour of their small warehouse and explained to me the difference between good and bad plastic parts. Of course, he told me they only use good plastic parts. I would go to them again if I need radiator service.

Last edited:
So I took it to john @ Hays radiator service (Indian school & the 51)....he hooked it up to his pressure machine and quickly spotted 2 cracks around the lower radiator neck...cleaned them up with some flux and soldered it up...took about 10 min...all his repairs come with a 30 day warranty...super cool dude who is 2nd generation at the shop. Been there 20 years...gave him a good tip and the cruiser should be back and running tomorrow

So....

Are we off to lifts and tires?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom