Need a quick picture of someone's dash please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello.
Recently had my truck at the Toyota dealership for AC service. Had the evaporator replaced and the entire dash had to be taken out. I think they put my dash together wrong because now there is a bump in the defroster vent. Can someone please take a picture and share it so I can go back and ask them to fix it?
Thanks, Christian

IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

the s***ty thing is that someone pushed down on it to create that faded circle part above whatever standoff or plug is underneath that missed it's mark/ locator hole. Hard to find a pic of an upside down dash.
I would be incredibly angry.
Stick a pic under there and see if it catches on a deformed locator plug or whatever those might be called.

5540160201B0

Thanks guys!! Yeah I'm pretty upset. 1700 bucks and they screw up the dash. At least it's not the dash pad and just the vent piece. I'm going to try and get them to replace it.

Notice the white marks, appears it was stressed during the removal or install. None of the others have those white marks (might be a few more to the right of the last red arrow)

upload_2017-8-6_17-10-35.png

hello, does anyone know what the part number for that trim piece is? the dealership is saying that it cannot find it or it's not available. I hate my dealership

I just looked at the illustrations for both the 'instrument panel/glove box' and the 'front fender/apron/dash panel' and don't see it. It may be part of the larger pad assembly which is an expensive part (links are for an '04, not sure what year you have).

INSTRUMENT PANEL & GLOVE COMPARTMENT. For 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser Base 4.7L 4WD AT | Toyota

FRONT FENDER APRON & DASH PANEL. For 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser Base 4.7L 4WD AT | Toyota

Taking this a step further it looks like the part is called: Nozzle Assembly, Defrost 55950-60140

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 3.11.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 3.14.14 PM.png

Taking this a step further it looks like the part is called: Nozzle Assembly, Defrost 55950-60140

I looked at that part too, but thought it may be the underlying duct work. I did an image search for the dash pad part number 5540160200E0 and the vented portion always seems to be attached.

Guess we'll know once @Yont283 figures it out.

^ for sure

well the dealership finally caved and ordered a whole new dash for it. they said it wasn't available for my VIN but there are literally 2 interior options for that year and I think the 100 in general. You can easily find it online and I showed them that. I told them I would be happy to order it and get reimbursed.

Anyhow, so they have it ordered and are going to update me. I really hate being the person to complain like that but they should have put it back together correctly. I'll update once I get more information.

Prior to mine I had a armada with a clicking sound which was a busted ac vent. I was gonna do the work but the dash is so big to take apart I decided to have the dealer do it.

They tripped all the front air bags including the side curtains. Dash and everything they had to put back never lined up. NOTHING. They bought the car from me. And I bought my LC.

They triggered the very same thing I was afraid would happen....

I certainly don't fault them, it was tough getting that out, but glad they took my car.

Prior to mine I had a armada with a clicking sound which was a busted ac vent. I was gonna do the work but the dash is so big to take apart I decided to have the dealer do it.

They tripped all the front air bags including the side curtains. Dash and everything they had to put back never lined up. NOTHING. They bought the car from me. And I bought my LC.

They triggered the very same thing I was afraid would happen....

I certainly don't fault them, it was tough getting that out, but glad they took my car.
Wow, I'm surprised they didn't disconnect the battery before taking the dash apart. Figured that was SOP...

Good for you on staying on them to fix their fk up. Nothing wrong at all about "complaining" when they clearly screwed up your truck.

So dash was replaced and looks good.

Couple things needed a little adjustment but overall happy. Def won’t go there again though!

Does the hazard switch light up? Mines not which seems wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom