Need a pic of an 80 w/j springs & 1" fr spacer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJben, is that just bending down the steel lines then?

CodyRx7 said:
Thanks for the headsup.

For the front bumpstops...is there a bolt deep inside the center of that "cone"?

Yup, and it will break on you if not careful. And the bolts that hold the spring perch to the frame will break on you when you try to remove it to get out the other bolt that broke. And then you'll move to the rear and the bolts for the rear bumpstop will break on you.

CodyRx7 said:
Nope, and nope.

I wanted to get the lift installed since I already had the 35"s put on. I kept reading that you'd only get a tiny bit of rubbing on the innermost part of the fender at full tuck if you had 35"s on a stock suspension truck.

Well the black line around the bottom of the sheet metal from just SLIGHT travel said differently.

IMG_0136.jpg

I even broke one of the mounts for the passenger rear flares, which is why it sticks out a bit.

I didn't want anymore of that body damage, so the lift needed to go on.

I won't be hitting anything but pavement until I get the bumpstop, swaybar, and brakeline extensions tho. Are the extended brakelines just the single hose to each axle?

i thought you were running 315/70R16??? (33.3 x12.4)

thats what the sig says.

CodyRx7 said:
FJben, is that just bending down the steel lines then?

Barely...if that makes any sense...it's more relocating, we really didn't have to *bend* anything becuase that seems a bit too :hillbilly: for me. On the front, you really don't need that much at all. If you stay at this height, and don't do any hitchpin mods or anything like that...you won't max out a line at all. Maybe the later years are different than the 93's.

But I know I easily have enough droop for the 6" lift.

Do you have anywhere to "ramp" it to check how much more you'll need?

I double checked, they're 75s not 70s. The Nitto website shows 34.49" inflated diameter.

I have 0 vibrations with the j springs. Only extra weight is the ARB bar. I'm going to put a .5-1 inch spacer in the front, add a warn winch, regear to 4:88, and put on 315/75 BFG MTs. Want to go with the slee rear bumper since i live so close to his shop but ironpigoffroad has one for $500 less:mad:

Also, I already have the castor plates from slee.

rtiqulatendisco said:
I have 0 vibrations with the j springs. Only extra weight is the ARB bar. I'm going to put a .5-1 inch spacer in the front, add a warn winch, regear to 4:88, and put on 315/75 BFG MTs. Want to go with the slee rear bumper since i live so close to his shop but ironpigoffroad has one for $500 less:mad:

Also, I already have the castor plates from slee.

Can you post up pics of your rig too?

rtiqulatendisco said:
Want to go with the slee rear bumper since i live so close to his shop but ironpigoffroad has one for $500 less.

Lance won't have any 80 series rear bumpers for 2-3 months. AFAIK, Christo has them in stock.

Lance said he would have them in a couple of months back in March!!!

Here is a pic of the truck with 33's and j-springs...no vibes.
Lifted lx-450.jpg

rtiqulatendisco said:
Lance said he would have them in a couple of months back in March!!!

Here is a pic of the truck with 33's and j-springs...no vibes.

Damn that looks perfect!! im ordering my springs tomorrow... im going J's. Screw it. :beer:

33x12.50 BFG all terrains?

No, trxus MT's. Go with BFG, the TRXUS don't last too long with the weight of these trucks.

rtiqulatendisco said:
No, trxus MT's. Go with BFG, the TRXUS don't last too long with the weight of these trucks.

Not true. I have them and drive the truck as a DD. I have over 35,000 miles out of them. They used to ride great, but now are starting to get loud and rough.

I still totally recommend them.

So if you have an ARB front and Slee w/ tire carrier rear and no winch, what should the J springs give you approximately? Like 3 or 4"? And are castor plates the way to go with these?

Just put on J springs with 1" spacer in front a while ago, with arb front, ipor rear, truck sits level, maybe still a touch high in the rear (totally unloaded) which I prefer. L shocks. No rubbing.

Castor is pretty loose feeling, have slee kit, haven't put it on yet. Lowered bumps, sway bars, brake lines.

May have vibrations, can't feel them over the roar of the 36x12.50x16 swampers. (plus since I haven't put my 4.88s in yet, I'm pretty much always accelerating, so I don't decel much to feel vibes!)

TSL radials make the castor seem worse than it is because of aggressive tread.
Similar to other trucks I've had, (ran Co-Op Gripspurs on my Disco for a while), the steering really floated around, especially braking.

If I could ever figure out how to post a picture, I would.

here's a pic of mine w/ 35" Swamper SSRs, just because I love this pic right after I got the tires on it.
dsc01029rb8.jpg

and here's another one of it getting ready to do some work (pre-swampers, but still 315 Discoverer S/Ts). hehe.
dsc009201ge.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom