Need a new front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So we got some ice here in the northeast this morning. I made almost the whole 20 mile drive to work when I hit my first unseen patch. Unfortunately for me, it was going around a corner and down a hill.

I hit a guardrail and now I need a new front bumper.

From what I have been able to determine, new OEM bumpers with bumper ends are $400+. Does that sound right?

I would buy used, but I did some body damage too and am having insurance take care of it. Now is a good time for an upgrade I think.

I can probably talk my insurance into letting me buy the bumper to cover my deductable ($500), and then pay a little out of pocket to cover any additional.

This leaves me two questions.

1. How much do you guys think the insurance company (USAA) would price out a front OEM bumper plus one bumper end?

2. I am not a big fan of the ARB, but I do want something similar. I have seen several custom ones that I like. What have people here bought in the $500-700 range?

Thanks.

I have USAA too. They are awesome.

I am getting an ARB with winch mount when I can.

1. Have no idea how much they would price a bumper. Look around for place on the web that sells them and I am sure they would go with that number.
2.I don't know how much safariguard bumpers are but they look nice and are more reasonable.Also SOR has some nice bumpers in that price range.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=39135

http://www.sor.com

ColoradoLC said:
1. How much do you guys think the insurance company (USAA) would price out a front OEM bumper plus one bumper end?

2. I am not a big fan of the ARB, but I do want something similar. I have seen several custom ones that I like. What have people here bought in the $500-700 range?

Thanks.

1. Do not let your Insurance company tell yo uwhat or where to get it from. It is up to you. I have heard USAA is good, hopefully they wont give you a hard time. When we hit dear #2 in the wifes 4runner I decided to upgrade bumpers. I think it was $300 for it. Not sure about a 60 series bumper. If you shop around alittle you can basically make the custom bumper cost be your deductable.

2. Safari Guard search on here there is at least 1 thread with pics or a link.
TJM (brand we have on our 4runner) also makes/made bumpers for 60 series. I havent nlocated them new though. (Seen several on cruisers from or in AU.) These are several companies that make them that end up in AU. But I have no info on them at all maybe try the international forum??

I want a TJM, as I like the ARB but alot of people have them, I liek being a little diff. They are worth the $! The TJM has already paid for itself once when we hit another deer about 2 months ago and had no damage at all. (I was going about 30mph AND only had a little fur on the bumper when I got home!)

I'll sell you mine! It us in great condition no rust and I have the end caps too! It is slightly bent up on the passenger side but nothing to noticable!

wingysataday said:
I'll sell you mine! It us in great condition no rust and I have the end caps too! It is slightly bent up on the passenger side but nothing to noticable!

Thanks for the offer, but I am going aftermarket on this one. My goal is to replace everything as I beat it up or it quits on me with something better. It looks like I am going the JK Customs route at this point. Once I get it I will post some pics.

Next up: tires and oil pan gasket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom