Need a new floor jack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KLF

Frame waxer
SILVER Star
Threads
OK, so my old faithful Craftsman floor jack is finally on it's way out. I think it's about 20 years old, heavily used. It is leaking, and it takes forever to get the last 2" or so of travel out of it, lots of flailing away on the handle for little action. I don't know if I can get a rebuild kit for it, I guess I should check.

Reviews of all the jacks on sears.com now are generally unfavorable. I hate buying junk that doesn't last. I'm also not keen with buying one sight-unseen. Anything you guys can recommend? I should also mention that I need the "saddle" piece to be removable and leave a flat plate area, something I can drill and tap for bolting on my custom-built tranny jack fixtures.

Looking at this one now: Arcan Quick Lift Service Jack — 3 1/2-Ton, Model# XL35 | Floor Jacks | Northern Tool + Equipment

144236_lg.gif

Omega.

Service Jacks Products

Strong. Rebuildable. Strong.

After having an HF engine hoist fail on us, all of the lifting equipment in our shop is Omega (in large part because it's what Westfleet carries). If you want quality, strong stuff--head to the large truck houses.

Dan

This just in: apparently you CAN still learn something new every day.

Topped off the oil in the jack (after reading up on how to do it), works much betterer now. Thanks!!

Also the seals can be rebuilt by any hydr. shop, Mike

I have a 3.5 ton from Sam's that is branded as a Michelin and I love it. It is a quick lift model with a long handle that makes it much easier to use than other jacks I have had before. IIRC it was on $65 or so and really is a smokin' deal for the quality and features. HTH.

Clint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom