Need a new carb - Who should I buy it from? And which one should i choose? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

School us on what a trollhole carb is.... He takes a Chinese carb and dials it in and also he has the knowledge and connections to get the right one in the first place? I am running a 64 buck ebay chinese carb and once in a while the float sticks and it's just plain bad, but the rest of the time it idles like a Swiss watch and pulls like a tractor. LIke the original poster asks, I wanna know what to do. I have 2 FJ 60 carbs and a 1977 carb, I'm gonna guess send one to Jim C?

School us on what a trollhole carb is.... He takes a Chinese carb and dials it in and also he has the knowledge and connections to get the right one in the first place? I am running a 64 buck ebay chinese carb and once in a while the float sticks and it's just plain bad, but the rest of the time it idles like a Swiss watch and pulls like a tractor. LIke the original poster asks, I wanna know what to do. I have 2 FJ 60 carbs and a 1977 carb, I'm gonna guess send one to Jim C?
If you want to part with one of those 60 carbs I would be interested.

For these trollhole carbs or one from Jim do you have to do any tuning or are they plug and play?

Not sure on the Trollhole carbs, but Jim C tunes the rebuilt carb on a 2F before sending out, or at least he used to.

For these trollhole carbs or one from Jim do you have to do any tuning or are they plug and play?
It's a carburetor, not a chip. There is no plug and play carburetor.
Whether a new Trollhole or a Guru rebuild, you will be expected to attach linkage correctly and turn some screws to make it run correctly on your engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom