Need a little help and information (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have just bought a ‘93 75 series 1HZ Troopcarrier. And I was in the process of flushing the brake fluid when my eyes shifted focus to this. Just need to know now, if this is a deal breaker for this vehicle, and I should cut my loses or what. I already have an appoint to get some rust cut out and new metal welded in, and want to know a.) what exactly this is.
b.) how severe i.e. can it be repaired, or if I should cut my losses. Cheers in advance.

33E39179-BE2E-4AAF-B52E-27A999F026C3.jpeg

CF309B2C-9A83-421F-91E0-84DEB7FFC97B.jpeg

Hey, here’s a couple more pictures. It is kind of an awkward place to get to for pictures. It’s the drivers side engine bay. Seems kind of like where the wheel well and firewall come into contact with each other.
Need better pics to see what is going on there.

Cheers
4DA8FE4E-427B-47AD-888C-4F7D4AE51D67.jpeg
028C9CD2-5E7D-4AF4-98C1-F1D4F47AFA03.jpeg
7C305E0C-EF8F-4B88-9E17-28AD675FDA9A.jpeg

I am not seeing serious rot there in the firewall. That doesn’t mean it’s not there. Where the inner fender bolts to the firewall is also where the front body mount is. It is fully enclosed with a rubber plug on the bottom, front and in the floor pan footwell from above which is access for the body mount bolt.

It is very prone to rust and rot here. Three layers of Metal sandwiched then sealed with seam sealer, always exposed to the spray from front tires. Also gets corrosion from the top via body mount plug in floor. If somebody for example got in and out of this truck with salt on their snow boots, that salty water not only trashed the floor pans but the body mount as well. Being fully boxed, only way to clean it is to pull all three plugs and flush with water. Nobody ever does that. You can fix it from the top (floor pan) depending on where the rot is and how bad. It it needs the front or bottom rebuilt, front inner and outer fenders got to come off and likely the body as well.

I just cut the front firewall body mounts open today on a HZJ75 so we can get them fixed up correctly.

Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom