need a liftgate lock cylinder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

chris777

TLCA member #12444
Threads
Website
mannphoto.com
my liftgate lock cylinder won't turn to the locking position anymore. It has been tricky getting it to operate for the past year or two. I have tried dry graphite lube, and wet graphite lube. I have removed the access panels and tried to lube all the moving parts. But it won't turn any more.

Toyota wants $133 for one! well, I could get my usual 20% off, but still, that is a lot of money for a lock cylinder.

Does anyone have any ideas where I can get one for a lot less, even used if in good condition. I want to be able to lock my truck's liftgate again!

or, how about having it rebuilt? is that an option? where would I go to have that done. I don't see any locksmith shops around any more.

thanks guy, BUT...

when I PMed Danimal I got this message:
"danimal has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

and when I PMed Carpediem I got THIS message:
"The following users were not found:
Carpediem"

So I am still waiting for a good way to go.

I will leave him a message for ya:beer:
thanks guy, BUT...

when I PMed Danimal I got this message:
"danimal has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

and when I PMed Carpediem I got THIS message:
"The following users were not found:
Carpediem"

So I am still waiting for a good way to go.

There is also a user danimal, his pm box must be full. :lol:

There is also a user danimal, his pm box must be full. :lol:

Probably with chainsaw questions...

BTW, this question should be in the wanted section. Since it's over I am not gonna move it.

Just keep it in mind that this is not the wanted or for sale section..

Probably with chainsaw questions...

BTW, this question should be in the wanted section. Since it's over I am not gonna move it.

Just keep it in mind that this is not the wanted or for sale section..

Hold on there. With all due respect, I am asking a technical question about a new or used part I need to fix my FJ60, OR if I should consider having it rebuilt or serviced. And you are telling me that this needs to be in the "wanted" section with all the FJ55s, FJ45s, FJ40s, FJ80s, FJ100s, FJ70s? That is incredible. If this post needs to be moved, then I think that there are a lot of posts that need to be moved.

I wanted to address fellow FJ60 owners because this is a part that we have in common and I want fellow FJ60 owners to relate to me their experience on how I should solve this problem and where I should go to get the part if I can not fix it. I have read hundreds of similar posts to this.

I think you are being a little zealous in monitoring the purity of this FJ60 technical forum.

I hope it is not over. I am still waiting to hear someone give me some advice on whether or not I can expect to get this cylinder serviced, re-keyed, or rebuilt somewhere.

I have helped people find parts before by seeing them post here. When I am on MUD, 98 percent of the time I am right her in the 60 forum.

Wow slow down.... There is no way Jason is zealous. Give him a little slack....he reads thousands of posts everyday. He is bound to miss or make a mistake sometime(not saying this one is or isnt) He is quite layed back:beer:
Hold on there. With all due respect, I am asking a technical question about a new or used part I need to fix my FJ60, OR if I should consider having it rebuilt or serviced. And you are telling me that this needs to be in the "wanted" section with all the FJ55s, FJ45s, FJ40s, FJ80s, FJ100s, FJ70s? That is incredible. If this post needs to be moved, then I think that there are a lot of posts that need to be moved.

I wanted to address fellow FJ60 owners because this is a part that we have in common and I want fellow FJ60 owners to relate to me their experience on how I should solve this problem and where I should go to get the part if I can not fix it. I have read hundreds of similar posts to this.

I think you are being a little zealous in monitoring the purity of this FJ60 technical forum.

I hope it is not over. I am still waiting to hear someone give me some advice on whether or not I can expect to get this cylinder serviced, re-keyed, or rebuilt somewhere.

I have helped people find parts before by seeing them post here. When I am on MUD, 98 percent of the time I am right her in the 60 forum.

so what is allowed under the FJ60 heading? "how to fix something" and that is it?

ok, then I should have said,

"my liftgate lock cylinder no longer turns, what can I do about it?"

next time I will try not to be so offensive and off-topic and phrase my plea for help much more carefully. Don't want to compromise the FJ60 Forum.

It would seem to me that even under your strict guidelines, I did, in fact ask about the possibility of servicing my cylinder. Shouldn't that make all the difference?

Last edited:
so what is allowed under the FJ60 heading? "how to fix something" and that is it?

next time I will try not to be so offensive and off-topic and phrase my plea for help much more carefully. Don't want to compromise the FJ60 Forum.

It would seem to me that even under your strict guidelines, I did, in fact ask about the possibility of servicing my cylinder. Shouldn't that make all the difference?

In all seriousness, just drop it.

next time I will try not to be so crude, offensive and off-topic and phrase my plea for help much more carefully. Don't want to ruin the FJ60 Forum.

A. Relax, Your first post in this thread had 138 words in it, of those words, 111 were "My lock sucks, who has this part." After the word "Or" your post asks for tech..

B. Yep, "My lock sucks, what can I do about it" would have not seen a single response from me except for the chainsaw remark, which is chat anyway, but I thought was kinda funny (not the first time I have been wrong)...

C. You were not crude, offensive or really off topic. I understand the desire to ask for stuff for a 60 in the 60 section. It does make sense. However, there are sections of this board for a reason. I gave you a friendly reminder of that instead of just moving the thread. You can take it however you want.

:cookie:

Here is what I got.

$40 includes shipping.
DSCF6420.jpg
DSCF6421.jpg
DSCF6422.jpg

partial hi-jack... how difficult is it to re-key one so you don't have 2 keys?

I have a replacement cylinder in my lift gate, but lost the key it came with - TOTAL PITA to climb back and release it every time i want to load crap in the back.

Thx!

rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom