Need a lift job.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone.

I am looking to get a little lift on my 80... Keep in mind, not is not the traditional looking cruiser that I do respect. unfortunately Im not traditional. So heres the 80:

1557527_10152112218793769_1278531424_n.jpg

These are the rims i am purchasing on the vehicle. Moto metal mo962 20x10 or 20x12 with 305's (not sure what brand of tire) :

images

My main question is: How much of a lift can i obtain before the price starts getting expensive. Im looking for maybe 3 -4 inch lift? And which route do i take (parts wise) for getting that lift?

Once you go over 3.5-4" things "can" get more expensive. Stock to 3" is pretty straight forward without a whole lot of aftermath. YMMV

it'll ride like ass unless you really sort the suspension with those heavy rims and the needed rubber bands..... so be prepared to spend on the shocks as well....

That said 2-3 inches is the value zone...you likely can do just springs and shocks....

FWIW Smittybuilt is doing chrome winches if you need one....

So is this a show truck or what? You could always do a puck lift if you're okay with keeping the factory coils/shocks and (somewhat) ride. That'll be cheaper and the un-trained eye won't criticize it.

Otherwise, you have a ton of options. I run OME stuff on my two vehicles and like it a lot. Little stiff, but still plyable when coming down off rocks (and curbs subsequently).

Best of luck. Also, tell us more about this Cruiser. I see windshield wipers have left the 80..

-rockstate

Can you give some info on what's been done to your truck? The no turn signal is interesting. How does tht work with inspections?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom