Need a Jack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dannyvp

SILVER Star
Threads
Im not going to be crazy mudding, but I do need to be able to use my spare.
What kind of jacks do you guys use? Im not a Hi-Lift fan.
My 60 has a 2" lift and 33's on it.

I don't see anything 60 series on that site. Maybe he doesn't like us......

I would think the factory jack, a nice 4x6 block, and a jack adapter from @LandCruiserPhil would be a great setup.

Jack Adapters - Land Cruiser Products - LCP

*edit. I don't see a 60 listed for fitment but I thought all those jack tops were the same. Might have to verify that one.

80 series adapter is what you want. You should be able to use a factory 60 jack to change the tire without a block of wood. I know you could with an 80 jack for sure.

Cool ill get an adapter, and give it a try.

I am not a "series" biased guy ;)

Seriously, LCP stuff is solid, another Cruiser specific vendor is a great thing.

I have one of these....

https://bushranger.com.au/product/x-jack/

51M4agTbfOL.jpg

Useful for many things other than tire changes as well...good extrication tool
and as a safety measure when truck is in a precarious situation.

Are you saying the 80 jack is bigger or taller than the 60?

Im saying Im not sure if a 60 jack has the same lift as an 80 series factory jack. I can say without question when I had a 60 series with 33" tires I used the factory jack. The 80 series jack can change any size tire you can fit on a 80 series.

80 series adapter is what you want. You should be able to use a factory 60 jack to change the tire without a block of wood. I know you could with an 80 jack for sure.

Factory jack is great. I haven't used one of adapters yet but it appears to be a good addition for factory jack use. I carry two sections of 2 x 6 to place under the jack if I need a little extra height, plus the wood often provides a more stable surface for jack support.

There is a lot of those exhaust lifts coming. Alibaba listed over 50 different brandings, so there should be a bunch around after start of year.

I have seen these before, but never one in use. How do you like it? How is it on sharp stuff?
I know the concept is the same as what they use in the towing world, but smaller.

I've only had opportunity to use mine a couple times but I really like how it conforms
to ground surface irregularities and truck surface irregularities. It stabilizes things.
As to sharp surfaces, it's really durable...it won't balance on a 10 penny nail but sharp
rocks don't seem to phase it.

Im saying Im not sure if a 60 jack has the same lift as an 80 series factory jack. I can say without question when I had a 60 series with 33" tires I used the factory jack. The 80 series jack can change any size tire you can fit on a 80 series.

Phil what was the stock size tire on the 80 series 93-97? The 60 series stock tire was P225X75 15". I know I have at least one factory jack from a 94 FZJ80. Should compare the full extension between the two.

Phil what was the stock size tire on the 80 series 93-97? The 60 series stock tire was P225X75 15". I know I have at least one factory jack from a 94 FZJ80. Should compare the full extension between the two.
Not sure but one can change a 40 inch tire on an 80 series using the factory Jack

I have seen these before, but never one in use.

We had a 60 on the side of Kane Creek in Moab up on a hi-lift using a second jack trying to stabilize it and it was still sketchy. A guy rolled up and offered his x -jack. It was really good, quick and very stable, a world of improvement over the hi-lifts. The 60 had broken a rear short side axle and destroyed bearings. He ended up getting it out the next day after parts arrived, so it turned out to be really important to have the vehicle stable for a period of time.
I am a believer, but not an owner yet.

We had a 60 on the side of Kane Creek in Moab up on a hi-lift using a second jack trying to stabilize it and it was still sketchy. A guy rolled up and offered his x -jack. It was really good, quick and very stable, a world of improvement over the hi-lifts. The 60 had broken a rear short side axle and destroyed bearings. He ended up getting it out the next day after parts arrived, so it turned out to be really important to have the vehicle stable for a period of time.
I am a believer, but not an owner yet.

The OP is wanting a jack to change his tire and a X jack would be overkill. would never think of using a Hi-Lift jack to change a tire. Want to like the axle directly with the suspension compressed. Hi-Lift your lifting the whole vehicle letting the axle drop to the limit of the suspension. If you use the X jack your doing the same thing except more stable. Remember reading years ago how someone was injured using a Hi-Jack to change their tire on a 80 series. Only thing I really use a Hi-Lift jack for is moving the vehicle sideways. Life and push it over. Repeat until I've move far enough. Would be hard to do that with a X jack.

Seen some interesting videos from Australia using the factory jack under the hub to lift a tire high enough to stack something under. Of course it helps they got FF rear axle starting in 75.

The Hi-Lifts are very safe if operated correctly. The number one issue I see with hi-lifts is maintenance and keeping the moving parts clean. ARB bumpers have a spot to attach them to so they don't pop out and take your leg off. So do rear 4x4 lab bumpers as well.

The OP should use the stock OEM jack for changing tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom