Need a Jack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The OP is wanting a jack to change his tire and a X jack would be overkill.
The OP should use the stock OEM jack for changing tires

We should probably let the OP decide on a jack after we provide him with some real world input. Like all tools, different situations require different solutions. Only you can decide which one is worth carrying/using.

What’s an “OP”?

I assumed the original bottle jack wouldn’t work. I sure hope it does though. I need to check first chance I get.

Yeah, of course an x-jack is overkill for a driveway or roadside tire change...
I only mention it to bring attention to it as a tool that can be used for a tire
change...and other things. Sometimes we invest in items with plans for things
to come in the future.

Having said that, they are crazy expensive now...I don't remember paying
that much.

Check out Safe Jack. My 60 has OME 2" lift with 33's and I have no issues jacking safely from multiple points (including the sliders) using Safe Jack extensions. I'm very pleased with them. They are very secure and provide a variety of options when using a simply bottle jack. I actually don't even carry my hi-lift anymore. Winch and 2 bottle jacks (factory and one aftermarket Torin) work for me.

Check out Safe Jack. My 60 has OME 2" lift with 33's and I have no issues jacking safely from multiple points (including the sliders) using Safe Jack extensions. I'm very pleased with them. They are very secure and provide a variety of options when using a simply bottle jack. I actually don't even carry my hi-lift anymore. Winch and 2 bottle jacks (factory and one aftermarket Torin) work for me.

How do you change a flat with your safe jack? Safe jack will not fit under the axle on a 80 series:meh:

img_9529-2-jpg.1776384

How do you change a flat with your safe jack? Safe jack will not fit under the axle on a 80 series:meh:

I have still carry the factory jack as well. Never been a problem. The safe jack extensions are removable so if the're too big, take them off and you still have a regular jack.. If you'r tire is flat on a road, there is no need for the safe jack, just use the factory jack or a regular bottle jack.

img_9529-2-jpg.1776384

So if you need to use the factory jack to change a flat why carry a safe jack?

Because sometimes your tire is flat not on a road. The Safe Jack and it's extensions just give you options. I can jack from my bull bar or sliders to avoid getting under the vehicle or I throw the jack under the vehicle and use the necessary equipment to safely get a stable lift to throw a rock or the like under the tire. The point here is just that I use two bottle jacks and the safe jack base and extensions to replace a hi-lift. I still have the hi-lift but it's been sitting inside my garage since I went with this set up a few years back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom