Need a head gasket repair DVD ASAP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I need one of those how to DVDs for a head gasket repair on my 1FZ-FE! My head gasket blew today I do not have the money to get it done buy a shop, so I am going to have to dig into this one myself. I saw that IdahoDoug has not been on MUD for a while so I figured I'd post in here because it's sort of an emergency and I need to get this done like right now.

Also does anyone have any recommendations on which head gasket kit to buy? I was going to order the one that cruiserparts.net offers. Don't really want to take forever sourcing a decent headgasket kit because this needs to be a quick and dirty job, but I'm not ordering a 50 dollar ebay kit.
Cruiserparts kit..... Bueno or no Bueno???

Thanks in advance for any help!

The DVD is helpful but its no substitute for the FSM. You can download it from the classifieds forum if you search Trollhole FSM or you can buy a paper copy ( I did ) from Helm. For your headgasket kit I recommend getting a hold of @cruiserdan. He can get you squared away on OEM parts and will give you a nice discount over the dealer price. The OEM stuff is always very high quality and about the only thing anyone on here is going to recommend to you for parts.

Thank you for your help... I'm definitely going to get the fsm right now from where you said... does cruiser Dan have an email or something I can get a hold of him by?
And do you know about how much everything would cost from him?

It's best to call him, but you can PM him too. He is, by the way, a pleasure to deal with, extremely polite, and just generally fun to talk to. Save his number: 1-800-432-6668, ask for parts, then ask for Dan.

Or does cruiser Dan have a Facebook that I can message him on? That would be a lot easier

LOL--@cruiserdan isn't exactly your Facebook kind of guy. But I 100% agree about the parts-he'll have them, and get them to you fast.

You can get the DVD from @IdahoDoug. It makes a good companion to the FSM because he tells you some stuff to watch out for.

Is a facebook something like a faceplant?

If so I am definitely out on that.....:doh:

You just need the FSM. (I have the video but can't locate it right now, sorry.)

For those who need the DVD now, I have uploaded it online. PM me if you want it and dont want to wait for the DVD. I will have you send me the paypal receipt to make sure @IdahoDoug got his money and then will send you the link to the file.

For those who need the DVD now, I have uploaded it online. PM me if you want it and dont want to wait for the DVD. I will have you send me the paypal receipt to make sure @IdahoDoug got his money and then will send you the link to the file.

Do you still have the headgasket video it’d be nice to go through just to make sure I have everything buttoned up, I have the FSM but the last few pages don’t have pictures of the vacuum lines and other connections. If you still have it I can PayPal IdahoDoug and send you conformation

I have a link as well.. PM me with proof of purchase and I can send it to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom