Need a Fusible Link (Tucson) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi fellow Tucsonans!

I'm desperate now and throwing up the help flag ha.

I'm in need of a fusible link... was wondering if anyone had a spare they'd be willing to part with for some greenbacks and beer-or beer until I get mine in this week (and get you a new one)? I've got a couple on order right now (so I'll have a spare next time), but I'm currently up the creek with a no start condition that I've narrowed down to my fusible link.

Mods- sorry if this is posted in the wrong section- but I figured this was a good spot to try for a local assist!

-Hurley

For real?? Say no more. They're about the only store I didn't try. Thanks!

....and they're both closed for the night. Missed them by 15m. One of them is open tomorrow, I'll try my luck first thing. Thanks again!

@medtro thanks! But the plot has thickened. So it cranked right up this AM. I "rebuilt" one of the links. The one that's 'separate' from the pair and the only one that was questionable, but that's been the norm when the engine is cold. After it hits OT it doesn't start. I'm still searching on here for other hot start issues. Maybe FPR... thanks for the offer though! Guess it wasn't the fusible links like I previously thought- just one more thing that's getting replaced as I dig.

If it doesn't start when it's hot it's most likely your efi relay in the under hood fuse box. I carry a spare it my glove box on hot days if I drive a lot mine gets too hot like many others and the relay sticks causing a no start no cel condition. I simply swap out with another and I am back on the road. Others have had success with a relay out of a Camry I've never tried it but just ordered one to give it a whirl.

@jdayment I've all but ruled out the EFI relay- it's always got a CEL for key on engine off/cranking and extinguishes promptly after start up. And it's seemingly improved since I put the one makeshift fusible link on it. The OEM fusible links should be here tomorrow or Wed at the latest, so maybe it is the fusible links after all? They might be partially fried and the heat is just enough after running for it to cause a no start? Well see in a day or two!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom