Need a carb rebuilt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know there are two cruiser folks that do carb work. I am in need of a rebuild for a 78 2f. Any help would be great

Young Skywalker you must learn the ways of the board. Search option this is covered many times. Jim C. & Mark from Marks Offroad, sent mine to Mark a few days back.

Sent my 40 carb to Mark. The 40 never ran better.

My vote is for Jim C.

DSC00047_sm.JPG

Either one of those guys is gonna rebuild your carb and it's gonna kick ass when you get it back. Obviously both of these guys do a great job. Might be worth seeing what their work loads are like if timeliness is of concern.

IMO, you can't go wrong with either Mark or Jim, I've heard nothing but positive reports on both.

I have a question. Not being a carb guy, when you get the carb back, is it a matter of just reconnecting it or do you have to make all the adjustments to idle and such?

When I got mine back from Jim,I just hooked everything back up,fired it up,and it ran like a champ.Did not touch anything.I'm pretty sure he puts it on an engine and adjusts everything before he sends it back.

Jim C. did mine, it ran great. It did need some adjustment to pass emmissions, but those were minor.

we had to do some adjustments after getting the carb back from Mark, but we also needed to pass AZ emissions........

I sent my '78 Aisan carb to Jim C - he did a fine job.

BTW, I sent him my dizzy at the same time, he re-built and recurved it to run w/ the carb.

FJ Ben sent his '76 to Mark.

We are both satisfied.

I got the emissions manual before sending the carb out and corrected every vacuum line under the hood. Fixed my carb fan too.

She runs well now!

Why do you say your carb needs rebuilding?

second barrel won't open up and the accelerator pump is poor and leaking gas onto the header. Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom