Need a Brake Master Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TJDIV

UP of MI.
Threads
Website
www.roamwherever.com
I have the single line triangle based brake master on my FJ40 and need to upgrade. I do have a couple double line brake masters I got off ebay but they've got the 4 bolt square base. Can these be adapted to fit on my Cruiser, or is there an upgrade out there that I'm just not aware of? I need this fix fairly soon, I'm running Dana 44 front and a 12 bolt rear, front disc, rear drum and the single line just doesn't distribute evenly enough.

Any help would be appreciated; and the sooner the better. You just might keep me from impaling myself into something. (I drive smart though.) ::)

Thanks. Tom IV

no 3 bolt master that I know of. I used a Wardens adapter that spaced the the booster(I added it as well) and master out and converts to a 4 bolt.............then you can use almost any master or booster, I used a 74 fj40 booster and 90 mini master
46689010.jpg

Hey Steve, that does look like something that would be worth while. I am interested in this Wardens Adapter option though. Where do I get one?

I already have the master cyl. so I might as well go this route.

Thanks. Tom IV

I exchanged emails with Danny Warden before Christmas last year when I picked up two of his billet t-case nose cones, and was told by him that he was not really interested in making any new brake adapters, or any more nose cones, since they closed up shop a year ago...

Good luck!

-Steve

The only reason you can't drill and mount a normal 4 stud master/booster is because the firewall rib/clutch slave is in the way. Relocate/ space so that isn't an issue and you're in buisness. I don't think you would have much of an issue.

While your at it, try to get one of the tandem boosters that came on later 40's, I believe (or at least they seem) more powerful than the single boosters like what Pimp showed and I have.

Tom-

You can make up whatever you want, and no, it is not really that hard to make up...if you have done engine swaps, and can not make a brake booster/adapter, you are in trouble... ;)

Take 1/4" plate, and mirror the bolt patterns, get a piece of round stock 4" round or close to that, and you should be able to figure out the rest...

Good luck!

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom