Need a alternator for 12volt 12ht or a line on somebody that can rebuild mine. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For the last couple of months my alternator has been undercharging and acting funny. Finally went out today to a dead (dual) battery. My truck is a 12volt fj62 with a 12ht. It has the internally regulated 12volt alternator and I’m having trouble finding one in the US. Anybody got an idea?

For the last couple of months my alternator has been undercharging and acting funny. Finally went out today to a dead (dual) battery. My truck is a 12volt fj62 with a 12ht. It has the internally regulated 12volt alternator and I’m having trouble finding one in the US. Anybody got an idea?
I have an old school starter/Alt rebuild shop here in San Antonio that converts my 24V units to 12V. Pretty certain he could fix yours if needed. Northwest Starter/Alternator 210-521-0011. His name is Chuck. Just looked him up and I think he moved his location. It's been a while since I've used him.

1587049576821.png

I replaced the alternator in my 60 with 2F from one from Rockauto. cost about $50 and i had to swap the pulley because it came with the double 3Fe style pulley.

Your 12HT doesn't care which alternator it has as long as the mounts and pulleys align and its internally regulated.

Does your current alternator have a vacuum pump in the back of it?

View attachment 2274590

I replaced the alternator in my 60 with 2F from one from Rockauto. cost about $50 and i had to swap the pulley because it came with the double 3Fe style pulley.

Your 12HT doesn't care which alternator it has as long as the mounts and pulleys align and its internally regulated.

Does your current alternator have a vacuum pump in the back of it?

Get a hold of these guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom