Need a 60 rad for testing. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mr Cimarron

DRIVE, BREAK, FIX, REPEAT
SILVER Star
Threads
I need a 60 series radiator to test fit in my 75 build. The 70 series rad is a bit tall and hits the crossmember on the 80.
I would like a crappy bunk radiator to borrow so there is no worries of damage.
Preferable on the south side of town.

I have a crappy one out of a 61 in my scrap pile. I have some good ones for the 60 and your welcome to borrow any of those as well.

I have a crappy one out of a 61 in my scrap pile. I have some good ones for the 60 and your welcome to borrow any of those as well.
Sweet. Thanks What’s the difference between 60 and 61?

Sweet. Thanks What’s the difference between 60 and 61?
Dimensions are the same (at least the mounting points), but the outlet is on the passenger side on a 61.

Dimensions are the same (at least the mounting points), but the outlet is on the passenger side on a 61.
Cool. That would work for testing. Plan is if the 60 will work then I can get an aluminum Champion radiator.

Cool. That would work for testing. Plan is if the 60 will work then I can get an aluminum Champion radiator.
Perfect. I’ll pull it aside for you

Galen, @bottombracket didn't I give you my old 60 radiator? Maybe Sim can use it if you aren't doing anything with it (since you got that new diesel 80). :)

@Mr Cimarron: I have Dave’s old 60 radiator just sitting in the garage. Can get it to you this weekend.

Well then, it’s in the barn!

As of this morning we have the city house under contract and will be moving to the new place on the 16th.

@Mr Cimarron rolled up in his big old 80 as my wife was leaving. Later last night, she was like “Who is that guy that showed up in that awesome truck as I was leaving? That thing is a beast!”

@Mr Cimarron rolled up in his big old 80 as my wife was leaving. Later last night, she was like “Who is that guy that showed up in that awesome truck as I was leaving? That thing is a beast!”

You forgot to mention the part where she was peeling out to get out of his way! :rofl:

Anyone have a crappy 60 series radiator support? In order for the 60 radiator to work with puller fans I need to move the radiator forward. I figure I have two options. Cut out the middle support that holds rad and use square tubing to hold rad or graft in the middle section from 60 series. If I can find a mangled 60 support for cheap I think I might try it. It would also give me the correct mounting for the radiator.
This is only theory in my head that I can cut and weld the middle section two inches forward.

Can you mount the 60 radiator on the front side of the 70 series radiator core support? Don't know how much room you have behind the grill. Are you going to be running an intercooler?

Check with Jimmy @CenTXFJ60 or Deo @cruiserjunktion . They might have something.

The 60 series radiator is mounted via two lower brackets (with rubber bushings) to the core support and then direct mounted to the core support on top. Might be easier to fab up something.

Can you mount the 60 radiator on the front side of the 70 series radiator core support? Don't know how much room you have behind the grill. Are you going to be running an intercooler?

Check with Jimmy @CenTXFJ60 or Deo @cruiserjunktion . They might have something.

The 60 series radiator is mounted via two lower brackets (with rubber bushings) to the core support and then direct mounted to the core support on top. Might be easier to fab up something.
Yes running a front mounted intercooler. The 60 rad is an inch or two wider than 70. I found a 16” fan that is a little over 2” thick that I’m trying out today when it arrives. That’s the slimmest I could find so that will show me how much I need to move the rad forward.

Cool. I just caught up with your thread and see the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom