Need a 60 rad for testing.

Mr Cimarron

DRIVE, BREAK, FIX, REPEAT
SILVER Star
I need a 60 series radiator to test fit in my 75 build. The 70 series rad is a bit tall and hits the crossmember on the 80.
I would like a crappy bunk radiator to borrow so there is no worries of damage.
Preferable on the south side of town.

Mr Cimarron

SILVER Star
Anyone have a crappy 60 series radiator support? In order for the 60 radiator to work with puller fans I need to move the radiator forward. I figure I have two options. Cut out the middle support that holds rad and use square tubing to hold rad or graft in the middle section from 60 series. If I can find a mangled 60 support for cheap I think I might try it. It would also give me the correct mounting for the radiator.
This is only theory in my head that I can cut and weld the middle section two inches forward.

davegonz

Keeping it Weird
SILVER Star

Can you mount the 60 radiator on the front side of the 70 series radiator core support? Don't know how much room you have behind the grill. Are you going to be running an intercooler?

Check with Jimmy @CenTXFJ60 or Deo @cruiserjunktion . They might have something.

The 60 series radiator is mounted via two lower brackets (with rubber bushings) to the core support and then direct mounted to the core support on top. Might be easier to fab up something.

Mr Cimarron

SILVER Star
Can you mount the 60 radiator on the front side of the 70 series radiator core support? Don't know how much room you have behind the grill. Are you going to be running an intercooler?

Check with Jimmy @CenTXFJ60 or Deo @cruiserjunktion . They might have something.

The 60 series radiator is mounted via two lower brackets (with rubber bushings) to the core support and then direct mounted to the core support on top. Might be easier to fab up something.
Yes running a front mounted intercooler. The 60 rad is an inch or two wider than 70. I found a 16” fan that is a little over 2” thick that I’m trying out today when it arrives. That’s the slimmest I could find so that will show me how much I need to move the rad forward.

Top Bottom