1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need 1 Michelin LTX 275/70/R16

Discussion in 'Tire and Wheel Tech' started by Terrax, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Terrax

Terrax

Anybody in the SF, CA Bay area got 1 that is in decent shape that you want to
    sell? My wife got a huge nail on the sidewall and I'm
    not ready to fork out the cash for 4 new MTR's. PM me if you happen to have one, I'm located in Pacifica,CA.

Thanks,

Juan

2. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
    Wrong board but I have a buff set of 5 available.........:D

3. Terrax

Terrax

I guess I F'd up by posting here in the heat of the moment. Thanks for the offer, but I'm just looking for 1 tire here locally, since I'll be upgrading in the next couple of months.

4. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

I might be able to help you out.

I have 5 OEM wheels with Michelins sitting in my garage -- a purchase from a local 80 owner. I have no need for the tires -- I just wanted the wheels. :D

You're welcome to use any or all of them for as long as you need -- just get the wheel back to me when you're done.

They're OEM size. They're off of a '96 80 series, so you won't have any issues with using your lug nuts.

I'm leaving for the weekend, so if you want "now", I can leave it for you on my porch.
    If you're interested, I'll PM you with address, directions, etc. I'm in Roseville, CA, so you'd be looking at a 2 hour drive, each way from Pacifica. OR...if you're not in a hurry, I can get them very close to you. I work in the Finacial Distric of San Francisco a few times a month. I could meet you in the city if you can wait until Wednesday or Thursday.

EDIT:
    4 Michelins - treadwear on 3 are good, 1 seems to have been over inflated for a while so the centers are more worn. 1 "something-Dueller"...Bridgestone? -- regarless, it was the spare and I don't think you'd want to use that one anyhow. Rough estimate of available tread depth -- about half way up Abe's forehead if you use the penny-tread-depth guage.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  5. TX_TLC

TX_TLC

FYI I just got a sheetrock nail in my side wall....patched for $12. I know of no major chain (walmart, discount tires, ect.) that will fix a side wall but it has been done for many years with no problems. This is a local mom and pop place takes care of me several times now.

6. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

go to your local tire store and there is a good chance you can get one for free or very cheap. I got one for free simply by asking a guy who had some taken off his rig.

7. OZCAL

OZCAL

Doug, I get the feeling your neighbors like you... :beer:

David

8. rgsiii

rgsiii SILVER Star

No question about that.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  9. OZCAL

OZCAL

:D :D :D